Chapter 17

Taehyung's POV

Just like yesterday, she chucks a piece of bread at me.

I keep silent while she judges and insults me, not trying to start conflict as I just want her to hurry up and leave already.

I watch intensely as she walks out the basement and closes the door, locking it from the other side. I wait a few minutes while my heart beats in my ear like the ticking of a clock.

After about a good ten minutes I move steadily towards the door, putting my ear against it to make sure I hear no moving around in the house.

When I'm certain that the place is so silent that you only hear the natural static sound of quietness, I pull the bobby pin I got from Jiminie from my hair.

I concentrate as I jiggle it around, waiting any second for the click sound to tell me I have successfully completed the mission.

I'm glad that Jiminie didn't ask why I wanted to learn how to pick a lock. I wouldn't have known what to tell him.

It only took a minute as I hear the click and I turn the knob; swinging the door wide open.

I get up, closing the door behind me and starting to walk with a smirk on my face and a little swag in my step.

All I need is some shades and a explosion behind me and I'll feel like a total boss right now.

I decide to take a quick bath before I go visit Jiminie, shampooing my hair while I'm at it.

All over my body starts to sting from the hot water hitting my bruised skin, but I endure the little pain.

When I'm done, I half dry my hair, put on my clothes, and brush my teeth; then I head out to go to Jiminie's place.

I emerge from the darkness of the trees into the giant field with the humongous tree in the middle; remembering the first time Jiminie and I have ever met.

Every time I pass this it means that I'm about more than half way to his house.

Then there's the abandoned car, with the bright flowers growing wildly all over it. Even though the old rust is an eyesore to see, the rusty thing has such a beautiful touch.

I hear some rustling in the bush and it completely snaps me out of my daze. The rustling sounds heave and I know it's a big animal.

My first instinct is to grab a stick, not like it would do any good, and be on my guard.

Ahh, tensing my body is making the bruises starting to ache.

The rustling becomes louder and more intense, and I was about the throw the stick like a dart aiming for the bullseye when I see too familiar eyes peeking back at me.

"Jiminie?" I say as I put my arm down and drop the stick to the ground.

"Oh," he says as he kind of struggles to get out of the little branches, walking closer but stopping with a little distance between us. "Hey TaeTae. "

That's weird, usually he'll be clinging to me. Well whatever.

"Hey TaeTae my foot. You scared the crap out of me," I say as I give him a light punch in the chest.

It's not my fault you get so paranoid," he replies with punching me back in my shoulder.

I yelp as I hold my arm and drop to my knees from the sudden pain, biting my lip to keep in the tears.