Chapter 55

A/n: I legit need to end this book like I'm close but I haven't been writing. Not proof read btw

Taehyung's POV

When I open my eyes,

I'm on an edge, engulfed in the dark abyss of limbo. Why?

My body sways, dragging me forward slightly with each motion; everything feeling heavy and hazy. Suddenly I'm at a standstill; steady and balanced.

Trust held me still.

Then the sensation of falling forms in the bottom of my stomach. Gravity drags me down with it; the faint feeling of a push lingering on my back.

Betrayal anchored to me.

My body jolts forward while I stand, waking me up from my dream state that felt too real. The broom flies out of my hand from shock, causing a loud clash to startle me even more.

A cold sweat coats my skin as I stare at it, my breathing is unsteady and rushed. I bend down to pick it up, rubbing my face rather roughly, trying to wipe my sleep deprived eyes awake since I haven't slept well for the past couple of nights. I didn't want that dream to happen again; it made me feel awfully anxious.

The unknown terrified me.

Looking around my surroundings to ground myself, I let the sight of the store calm me. A sigh of relief leaves me finally, knowing that it was no where as dark as that nightmare realm. But my eyes get caught on the sign "Home" that hung above the door frame, the bright atmosphere that made me feel less troubled to pale.

I stared at the word intensely for some reason, all my concentration on it which causes my mind to drift and I to start questioning unknowingly. For me,

Do I have a home?

I've always wondered.

Does that exist for someone like me?

A place to return to.

Resting my chin against the broom that I was using to sweep, my gaze glides across the antique styled room once again, but this time it's less as vibrant.

This place is basically the definition of a home, radiating the most warmth one can find in a casing of cold brick walls just because the colour scheme is so comfy and touching.

The owner even said it can be my home, that I can stay with him to live out my days. To be home schooled when I'm ready, or go to public school if I wanted too.

To anyone in my situation that's like a dream come true; to have someone generously offer to take care of you unlike your blood relative that didn't even try to. Its a blessing to someone like me who's whole world is noting but broken.