Chapter 52

A/n: track season is hell. Also I was listening to The Neighbourhood while writing this and man, was it setting the mood.

Taehyung's POV

In thick silence,

In thick silence,

I️ sit there a good hour after.

After he fled to his room when he told me.

After he took my senses with those last words.

After all the colour in the world vanished with his absence.

My body feeling so heavy after all of it, I sat on the couch and stared at nothing in particular.

The grand clock ticks away as the night continued on, though it felt like time was in slow motion. But it still went forth with its life neither the less, while I just wanted to stop everything. I didn't want to eat, sleep, or breathe.

I didn't even want to think, not so soon behind what had happened, so I forced my thoughts to seize in forming; disconnecting from a piece of what made me human.

The loud silence deafens me the whole time, oozing with solitude as the temperature dropped from the lack of sun; or the lack of Jimin's warm presence. Whatever the reason was, it just felt colder inside.

I was still in an empty space, imitating an inanimate object who I envied, for they didn't have feelings to suffer on. Right now I really didn't want emotions, they would only kill me without stopping my heart, and torture me without physically hurting me.

Rebuilding myself with a fake sense of security was my unconscious task, using the frail walls of a lie to keep me from crumbling more than I've already had.

Muffled sounds seem to come from the dimension next to the one I was submerging in, my body being aware but not processing or acknowledging it.

The front door had creaked open and someone shuffled by the living room. It was probably his mother finally coming out of the car, and I am grateful that she most likely didn't see me blanketed by the dark atmosphere of the living room.

If she had done anything to me, like simply call out my name, I feel like I would break down on the spot. My paper tower would disintegrate from the flick of a little innocent wind, inflicting so much damage to my fragile state.

I've already caused her so much trouble since the very beginning, I wouldn't want to make her worry if I just started crying.