Chapter 36

A/n: I'll post the answers to the question from Chapter 35 after this bc this chapter answers some of them already.

Jimin's POV

I stumble back, hitting against a wall in the process, as my mind finally caught up with what my eyes were seeing; but even if I see it clearly in front of me, the human heart didn't seem any less unreal. It was like something you'd see out of a horror film.

This isn't normal.

I turn away from it, my breathing coming out short and heavy from shock. Sooner or later, I'll have myself hyperventilating, so I try to calm down, but all the negative emotions that's running through me is not exactly helping.

Pacing back and forth became my tactic, but wiping my face roughly and dragging my hand through my hair like a mad person was not part of it.

My minds racing like molecules transforming from water state to gas; my throat turning dry from my sharp breathes vacuuming all the moisture from my mouth.

Every single possibility on why there is a human heart outside of the human body doesn't comprehend well with me; especially when it's being shown off like some kind of trophy. God, I feel like I'm going insane.

Through all the thoughts that are rapidly flowing through my head at the moment, one idea that's growing like an inflation in my brain feels like it's the core reason my sanity is getting eaten away.

It's my sick, logical, pessimistic way of thinking that makes me wish that I can stop thinking in general, but I can't deny it's a strong possibility because all the evidence is basically screaming it's existence.

That witch said he went to visit his grandparents place which was just a complete lie straight through her soul eating teeth.

That was definitely blood on the floor, or at least I'm 99% sure it was.

And her hands were covered in blood, even a smudge on her dress.

Tae had been missing longer than usual.

So doesn't that mean.

That's Tae's heart in that container.

And that means

He's dead.

His own mom killed him.

Over analyzing a situation can be a curse.

A feeling hits me violently. Anger. Or was it despair?

It grips onto me chest abruptly and hard. I'm chocking on nothing in particular. A full panic fit takes me as my legs become weak and all I can do is use the floor as support.

Tae can't be dead, can he? It's too surreal, isn't it? Maybe I'm not thinking straight? Yeah, maybe not enough oxygen got to my brain with the short breaths I was using.

To even consider he's dead is only the illusion of a fear that's in the back of my head for everyone dear to me. Right, he can't leave me.

Tae can't leave me.

So if he's not dead, I should get up and find him, making him promise to not leave me now that I know that's a possibility that can happen.