Chapter 51

A/n: got my English teacher into BTS and now she plays it in class, win win.

Taehyung's POV

It's warm.

Hitting against the back of my neck in measured droplets, the hot water from the shower burns away the icy touch the rain left on my skin.

It replaces the cold with its warmth, making the goosebumps retreat, but it's not getting rid of the chilly feeling I still have.

The strong feeling of guilt.

I close my eyes as I lean my arms against the tile wall of the shower, putting less pressure on my feet as I recall what happened.

I didn't think he'd notice my absence, but I guess that's just how unsettled he probably felt through all of it.

Jimin is terrified of thunder and lightning, and I knew that, anyone could tell; he becomes such a weak little thing when it's present.

So when his parents are out during times like this, I question, what does he do to prevent himself from not breaking down every time?

Is his first instinct of self defence what he did in front of me a few hours ago, to squeeze his body tight together like that alone can block out all the bad things.

Because I've tried that, year after year, and I admit that it did feel like it kept trouble at ease for a little, but it never truly made my feel shielded from all the dread.

Having someone to lean on like Jimin is what really made me feel secure.

He made me feel protected, and became my safe haven. I desperately want to do the same for him. I want him to depend on me, so that I can have the chance to make him feel safe.

I've noticed that his parent are out a lot, many times leaving him all by himself, and being unable to protect him when he needs them like now.

I can't help but imagine a little boy rocking himself back and forth during a storm, trying to calm himself down as panicked tears pour out of his frightened eyes.

Being unable to sleep because he's too fearful, afraid of being crushed in his unconscious state as he's supposed to be dreaming. I would understand the little boy's feeling, because that's also my past.

I just suffered from a different kind of storm.

But with Jimin,