Chapter 49

A/n: most of this chapter is *cute* < Jackson voice.

Jimin's POV

"Taehyungie?" I call out his name cautiously as I make my way deeper into the winter woods, my cold breath forming a smoky fume to appear in front of me, the warmth instantly being smothered by the frigid atmosphere

My eyes scan over the heavy white layers of forest, trying to pick out a certain creature in a white polo long sleeve and bright red parka lurking somewhere in the bushes.

With alternating steps between my feet, I make sure every angle is visible to me at wary intervals. The snow, crunching and crumbling as I apply pressure upon the the white carpet with my black boots.

A loud sound, crispy against the soothing whispers of the winter wind, scratched at my left ear, my entire body spinning to face the direction where the disturbance emitted from. I stoop down to the snow, sufficiently making the frozen terrain into ammo.

I pop up and load the snowball, creeping carefully towards some bushes where I suspect the find the culprit that gave away their position. Flattening myself upon a thick tree next to where the bushes once rustled abnormally, I peek ever so carefully around the trunk.

A glimpse of burning red against the simplicity of snow peeks its way to my vision and I fire, no hesitation being made by my actions.

It was a harsh thud, an angled throw hitting perfectly as a section of the red had been painted to broken white. "Thought you could hide huh," I asked amused, eyeing my snowball that I proudly nailed him in the back with.

He says nothing for some time, or rather, he doesn't even move, and I start to question.

Did I hit him too hard? Is he upset with me?Maybe I really did hurt him?

Getting closer, I tap on his shoulder hesitantly, not sure what to expect.

"Hey.. Taehyun-" my sentence gets cut off midway, a sudden cold splint of pain landing on the back of my unprotected neck.

I had heard the crunching of the snow before I felt the numbness of it, but couldn't react fast enough.

He had caught me off guard, coming around the tree to ambush me and get me in the back of the neck. Who even thinks that complicated when participating in a snowball fight, taking off his jacket just to trick me.

"Sucker," he giggles, grabbing his red parka and darting away, and the liitle salt I felt when he got me starts residing in my veins.

Loading up on my single ammo that'll be the winning shot, I dash after him through the still winter wonder land; making me the only moving object as I seem to be the only thing moving in a white screen.

Finally when I caught up to this mischievous boy in red, he was standing still by the middle tree looking out of breathe as he had his hands propping him up against his knees.