Chapter 46

A/n: Rip Texas experienced hurricane Harvey and my street is legit flooded. Stay safe to who else lives here.

Jimin's POV

Tae's health improved exponentially over the few days that my mom and I took care of him.

But we found out that when a cold hits him, it hits him hard with no mercy.

The first day after we "politely convinced" him to stay in bed, when we figured out that his simply sick state, described in his own words as "light season allergy", is actually a serious cold, was when his thermometer was metaphorically dipped in lava by how the temperature was at a scorching heat level.

At the start, he was trying so hard to convince us that the stupid little thing was broken, or that we were reading it wrong and the rising red liquid actually meant that he was medically healthy.

My mom and I just ignored him as he blabbered on like an old man about it being inaccurate, which I'm guessing was his attempt of dismissing the serious results so we wouldn't worry about him like how we were.

But hours progressed on and his staged role as the person who was fine and feeling his greatest despite the awful situation, began to diminish as his true feelings became visible through his gradual transparent acting; revealing that the effects of the cold was hitting him pretty bad.

I noticed this as the time I spent with him in this state aged on. He would put the effort to
shove more life into himself when my mother came into the room, but since I didn't intend to leave his side for long periods of time, he betrayed his impersonation, allowing me to see his weak side to this.

When my mom was on the other side of the door, his personality dropped multiply shades duller; the little smiles and laughs becoming expressionless resting features with an hint of quiver from the pain that was unknown to me.

He relinquished his strong act only to reveal a suffering boy during his worst times.

Tae began to softly cry out that his body was getting set on fire as he struggled to unwrap from the tangled hug of the sheets.

Then, like a shock wave of artic breeze that only he could feel, would send him whimpering as he desperately tried to bury himself under the warm fabric he just escaped from.

Every time he did this, in any other situation this would have been the most adorable thing I have ever witnessed, but I only felt sympathy for the poor boy in front of me who was helpless to this inner fluctuation in degrees.

He looked miserable and uncomfortable, and his skin looked as white as the sheets that were wrapped around him.

I've never experienced a serious cold like what Tae is going through right now.

I'd get occasional sneezes and runny noses, but never as bad as a throbbing hammering at my skull from the inside or the feeling of my body becoming too weak with a nauseating sensation that I can't even stand.

I believe that since Ive never had it that serious, I can't say I know how the pain he's going through is like, and since my knowledge is limited from lack of experience on what to do in these moments, I feel helpless and could only watch.

It didn't bother me much, because I thought that once I'm by his side, that'll be enough.

He soon began to blank out periodically, clocking in by opening his eyes for a few seconds with a rose tint staining his pale cheeks and his breathing shallow, then clocking back out like opening his eyes drained all the energy he had stored up.