Chapter 41

Taehyung's POV

Everyone seemed to have vanished into their own worlds when the sun decided to set, leaving me alone in mine. Leaving me to fight for my own.

My eyes are not closed, but my sight is completely hazed darkness.

So unfamiliar, my surroundings, my thoughts.

I want to cry. I'm scared right now. There's too much I don't know about this place. About others. About this world. It hurts. I'm hurting for some reason. A fiery sensation is burning my body. Something's wrong.

Not long ago too, anonymous voices started to whisper menacing words into my ear. I want to ignore they're calls, but they always sneak past my sound barricades. They lurked in the dark unknown where my eyes can't reach, but they have no problem seeing me.

They know me, but I don't know them. And it was like a taunt they were chanting, something about ending it all and just sick of it. Something's off. It doesn't feel right.

I'm scared. It hurts. My forearms sting, my chest is on fire.

My blood is spilling again.

The creatures of the dark. Are they going to sneak up on me and kill me? Would they drag me deeper into the darkness, or will they suffocate me with this ink like fog right here? Will this lava like sensation burn me from the inside out? I don't want that. I don't. I'll die at this rate.

She'll come, come get her hands on me once more, and bleed me, bleed me dry this time if I'm not cautious.

But no matter how much I strain my eyes, everything is the same unpredictable nothingness. All that shows is the dim light emitting from under the door. It's abnormal. I don't like this. It's the same, the same as that place.

This abyss, I feel like prey to its predatory aura. The blackness, it feels like it could suck up my existence like a black hole. It'll make me disappear. I don't want to become nonexistent. I don't want to be forgotten.

I need him. He's gotten rid of them before. He can cool the burning. He can stop the bleeding. He can save me. I need him.

I need Jimin now.

I automatically slip out of the bed the woman said I'd be sleeping in from now on, my pillow close to my chest. My steps are small, little movements forward for I'm scared of what's ahead, but I keep going because I'm scared of what could be lurking behind.

My hand reaches for the door, allowing the gate that contains the slightly lit area to flood into the room. 

It was like a one way path, from where I stand to his room. There wasn't no twist or tricks to get to his side at this time, because his room was directly in front of me. I can't get lost. I'll be able to find him.

Before I had time to blink, I was directly in front of the door that kept him from me at the moment. I open this door without hesitation compared to the one that let me out of the room. That one was the unknown that I was going further in, but where he is is the only place I feel like I truly know.

He sat up as soon as I pushed the entrance opened. Maybe he wasn't sleeping, or did I wake him? I can't see his face, it's too dark to make out. I don't know what expression he's wearing, and my confidence begins to waver.