Chapter 56

A/n: surprise update. this chapter really hurt me honestly, so prepare your heart. Warning ⚠️ strong language in this chapter.

Jimin's POV

Blank.

Empty and hollow.

The perfect words to describe my soul now.

I wanted to cry because of helplessness, but what would be the point. Tears would not have made the situation any better; it would not help me find Taehyung, and it definitely wouldn't have made my dad proud of me.

Shedding tears would show that I had enough, that the pressure was too much to bare, and maybe it was, but I'd rather hide my vulnerability than let it be written across my entire face.

Seeing the passing trees had begun to hurt me almost physically, so I thought what better way to help myself than cut everything off mentally.

My hope had been distinguished the moment I got into this car anyway, there was no dream anymore.

Depression had already made me it's puppet when it pulled at my six senses like it was it's strings.

Making me deaf, blinding my eyes, numbing my touch, clogging my smell, poisoning my taste, making my whole world unbalanced.

My life just seems to be crumple into dust piece by piece before my very eyes, and I couldn't do anything about it. I still can't do anything about it.

I think I might give up.

A knock on my window yanks my attention from nothingness, bringing me from out of my mind to my surroundings.

My reaction was slow like if I was on drugs as I turned to where the sound came, and I wonder how it grabbed me when I was deep in my own black tar of a brain.

Then I realised; my depression drug had been overpowered by his intimidation.

I felt my blood drain steadily as my father
towered over me, blocking out the rays of  sun and leaving me in the care of his shadow.

His expression was stern and cold, one a person would give to a stranger who did them wrong. With this, his eyes said it all, even if he hadn't made it a legal thing yet.

He has already disowned me.

"Get out the damn car," I heard in a muffled voice, but his tone was still a strong and clear force that could damage me in some way with every word he spoke.

The only protection I had between us was the fragile glass that seemed to separate me from the real world, but soon I'll be on the other side of that barrier, let loosed in the cage with a beast.

I nodded my head submissively towards his order, my hands hesitantly grabbing at the car lock. Not daring to look him in the eyes, I felt his gaze burn me badly.