Chapter 24

Jimin's POV

"Sorry Jimin," my mom says as she rubs my head.

In the end, Taetae didn't show up, and neither did dad but I'm already numb to the feeling of disappointed from him.

I really wanted to celebrate with Taehyung this year though, so right now all I feel is sadness.

"I'm going to take a bath ok?" my mom says and I nod my head, her walking off leaving me by myself.

I already changed into my pajamas so I'm set for the night. I plop myself on the couch, picking up the remote as I start channel surfing.

The doorbell rings and I get up to open it, the TV landing on some Korean drama called Hwarang and it catches my attention. I swear a guy on the show even looks like an older version of Taehyung. a/n: I haven't watched it yet and I really need too.

I get mesmerized by their acting when the doorbell rings again. That's snaps me out of it and I start to head for the door. It's probably dad I think to myself as I put my hand on the door knob, but when I turn it I remembered that this is his house; he wouldn't ring the doorbell. I open the door to see an out of breath Taetae waiting on my door step.

"Sorry.... I'm.... late," he says between his exhausted breathing as he tries to suck in air like a vacuum.

"Taetae why are you out of breath," I say at the door, wondering if I should get the boy some water.

"What do you...... think, I ran genius" he says as he stoops down. " Gah, this place is so far," he says more to himself.

"Then, why did you come," my voice comes out shaky and I'm not sure why.

"What do you mean," Taehyung says as he wipes some sweat off his cheek. "Because I promised."

"I wouldn't have just not fulfill my promise," he says with a chuckle. "What kinda person do you think I a-," he pauses when he looks up at me, concern crossing his face.

"Yah, why are u crying Jiminie?!" he asks as he gets up and closer to me awkwardly, not sure what to do.

"What?" I say as I touch me cheek, my fingers becoming shiny from my tears.

"Why am I crying?!" I whimper softly, the tears starting to flow out like a leak and I can't stop it.

"You tell me," he chuckles as he wipes away the forming tears. I look up to his eyes as he concentrate on wiping them away, his skin shining from sweat crystals on his face reflecting the moon's light, and little strands of hair just so every slightly sticking to his forehead.

I reach my hand to his face unconsciously, startling him a little with the sudden skin contact.

"Oh, sorry," I say with an awkward laugh as I pull my hand away quickly and put it behind my neck.

"No, no its fine," he says as he also does an awkward laugh, his hand also pulling back.

We go quiet for a few minutes, not making eye contact at all until he shivers and let's out a little sneeze.

"I'm an idiot I'm so sorry, your probably freezing you should come in," I say, now realizing that I'm letting him stand in the cold abyss of night.

"Nah its fine, I have to leave just now anyway," he says as he fans my idea away.

"Really," I say depressed and a little disappointed.

I said before that I would've been fine if I at least saw his face, but now I want to at least spend a little time with me. I'm being greedy.

"Can you at least stay for hot cocoa to warm up," I say as I grab his wrist, probably going to drag him in no matter what he says.

"Ahh, actually," he says and I'm sure he's going to say no but I give him something like the puppy dog eyes and he changes his mind.

I drag him inside and close the door.

Oh Jiminie," he says and I hum to the mention of my name, us heading in the direction of the living room.

"Why did you want me to come today so badly?"

"Um," I say a little hesitantly as I continue walking but he grabs my shoulder, stopping me in the living room.

I turn to look at him; his gaze is looking up at something and I follow his eyes to what hes looking at.

"Happy Birthday Jimin" is on a banner attached to the ceiling and it caught his attention.

He looks at me with disbelief, giving me a chance to explain, but I have nothing to say.
He grabs both sides of my shoulder and makes me face him.

"Why didn't you tell me it was your Birthday today," he says shaking me viciously.

"I kind of... forgot too by how excited I was," I say with a nervous laugh.

He just stares, and I think he's frozen in shock.

"Ahhhh!!! Someone shoot me!" he says as he lets go of me like I just burned him.

I start laughing because I wasn't expecting this reaction. He starts rubbing his head harshly, sitting himself somewhere on the floor.

"Literally, kill me now. I want to get hit by a bus," he says with a pout on his face, rocking back and forth.

"Calm down," I laugh as I rub his back.

"No I feel so bad that I miss basically the whole day. I'm going to make it up to you," he says determined.

"You don't have too," I say as I start to help him up, and honestly, this was enough. His reaction made my day.

"Shut up," he says quickly and playfully annoyed. "You should've told me.

"Sorry," I say but I'm really not.

"I'm going to make it up and you cant refuse, ok?" He says and I nod my head.

"Yes sir," I playfully salute him. He smiles at my little joke.

~~~

After that, my mom finish bathing and came to join us. I decided to eat some food with Taetae so he wouldn't be the only one eating even though I was as full as a pincushion.

He was basically chugging down his food though; he must've been hungry. I went to use the restroom and I see Taetae and my mom talking by the front door.

They literally shook on something and then when they saw me get closer, they got quiet and stopped talking completely. I look at both of them suspiciously as my mom and I guided Taetae out. Once the door was closed I asked,

"What did you guys talk about."

She looks me straight in the eyes and a little smirk forms on her face, my suspicion growing drastically.

"It's a secret." She coos and skips away from me.