Chapter 33

My updates are starting to become sloppy sorry. But I feel happy my friend thought me how to write their names in Korean.

Jimin's POV 박지민

"Hey kid, are you lost?" She questions with a rough tone and a slight glare directed down at me. I try to gulp down the nervous clump clogging my throat, clearing it by slightly coughing.

"No....Ms," I squeak out, thankful that my voice didn't crack under this uncomfortable pressure.

With her unwelcoming stare, I feel like she's judging me greatly and I didn't even do anything for her to criticize me yet.

Why does she seem so cold to me.

"Then why are you here?," she stats, her voice booming loudly in my ear. She seems to be already preparing to close the door on me, probably going to slam it in my face if my answer doesn't please her.

"Um... I'm here to see Kim Taehyung," I answer, but going by her confused look when I said his name, I doubt if I'm even at the right house; even though this is the only other house in the woods except for mine." He lives here right?"

She doesn't go to assure my doubt or correct my misunderstanding, and I'm contemplating if I have to say it louder for her tall self to hear me all the way down here with our height difference.

"Yeah, he lives here," she says after a few moments of glaring me up and down. " But who wants to know?"

"Oh my bad," I apologize as that's probably why she was eyeing me like that. A total stranger walks up to your door asking about a young family member, who wouldn't be suspicious. "My name is Park Jimin," I slightly bow, extending my hand to shake hers but not receiving it in the end.

Before it looks too awkward I let out a nervous laugh as I pull it back to my side, my hand slowly snaking up to the back of my neck as I slightly rub it by habit.

Her face didn't seem to budge from its tight frown, keeping her arms behind her back as she leans against the door frame. This woman looks like a soldier general by how stiff she's standing.

"What do you want with my son," she bluntly questions, skipping the generic adult chatter to what she actually wants to know.

"I kinda need to talk to him," I claimed, getting a little uncomfortable as I remember why I have to talk to him.

Wait. Son?

It's his mom; no wonder something seemed familiar. Now that I know, I can see the resemblance in there faces and their rough personality around strangers.

Hold up, this can't be right.

He told me she died long time ago. Maybe he was talking about someone else and I just wasn't listening close enough.

"What's your relationship with Taehyung," she questions seriously, not taking her piercing gaze off of me for a second.

"We're," I begin, but I don't know where this sentence leads. What's our relationship? I haven't thought about it now, and when I've  drawn up the matter, my mind goes blank.

"I'd say we're pretty close.... friends." I breathe, starting over with the sentence I began. My words feel fabricated, like I just pronounced sounds than say what I actually felt. But I couldn't think of anything, and I'd say we're pretty close, well until recently.