the park has aways been yoongi's favorite place. it cures his worst fears, being alone. be enjoys being around children. they're loud and joyful, cheerful and playful. too bad yoongi doesn't have one of his own at his own house.

yoongi is nine. his father is a rich man without a wife. his father is loving when the time comes, but most of the time he forgets his son exists. that's why yoongi's always so lonely.

"yoongi, come on! we're going to the orphanage," mr. min says, reaching towards the child's hand. "What's an.. an.. orphinge?" Yoongi asks, struggling to pronounce the new word. "orphanage, and you'll see. I think you'll like it," mr. min says, and Yoongi follows him into their expensive car.

yoongi stares out the window, watching the trees pass by. he likes the pretty pink trees. when he sees a cow, he exclaims happily, pressing his chubby fingers against the stained glass. "Yoongi sit down, please," his father says. and Yoongi obeys. he watches his father drive from the back seat. his dad looks happy. yoongi doesn't get to see that very often. his dad taps his thumbs against the steering wheel.

yoongi finds an old toy in the bottom of the car and he decides showing it to his dad might be a good idea. maybe his dad will be proud he found it. he unbuckles his seat belt and crawls forward, holding the toy out. "daddy, look! I found the toy!" He exclaims happily. Yoongi's father averts his gaze from the busy road to the object yoongi's flinging wildly in the air.
"way to go, y-"

yoongi lets out a shrill scream when he gets flung backward, his back stinging. he can barely see, but he can make out the figure of his father crushed between the seat and a large truck. the front of the car is smoking, and yoongi scrunches his nose at the smell. before he can think of what to do, he's dragged out of the car by a pair of strong arms. the air smells like it's burning, and there's smoke in the air. people are crowded around the scene. he can see people pulling his father from the smashed vehicle, and only then does he realize something is wrong. the person's hands are still wrapped around him. he squirms in their grip. he let's out a startled yelp when he's turned around. "listen, you're going to be okay. your dad's gonna be okay too, don't you worry," the person says, and Yoongi doesn't understand them. he doesn't know what to do. Yoongi's mom taught him to just nod if he couldn't understand what was being said, so that's what he did. he nodded vigorously. the man picked yoongi up and carried him into a large white vehicle. yoongi could see his father, but he was covered in red.

"daddy?" He asks, expecting him to answer. everyone in the busy car ignores him. he can't understand all the big words they're saying, so he just closes his eyes and sleeps.

-

when yoongi wakes up, he's in a quiet room. the entire room is white and it smells like plastic. the man from before is sitting next to him, tapping his foot impatiently. suddenly, a woman bursts through the door beside them. "He didn't make it, and there's nobody we can contact to take his life savings and kid. we might have to take him to an orphanage," the woman whispers, and yoongi recognizes one of the words. his dad said it before they left the house. "damn, okay. I'll break it to him," the man says and the woman nods, spinning on her heel. the man kneels in front of yoongi. "look.. you and your dad were in a car accident. luckily, you made it out alive. but.. your dad didn't. your dad is in heaven now, a better place. he has angels watching over him, and he's watching over you. protecting you," the man says and Yoongi stares at him. "daddy's gone?" He whines. "yes, but good news! we're going to find you a perfectly new family that will love you just as much as your daddy did," the man says. yoongi nods. "will daddy like them?" he asks. "yes, he will. so will you," the man says, and yoongi smiles.

-

oo diddly I did not mean for that to happen lmao whatever