"w-what?" Yoongi stutters. "call me babyboy. it's what my parents call me, and I like that nickname," Jimin replies, and yoongi stares at him. he finds the nickname weird, but he doesn't question it. "okay j- I mean, babyboy," he says, testing the name. it makes jimin smile, which is all he needs. "How old are you?" Yoongi asks. "nine," the younger responds. "oh, so I am your hyung!" Yoongi says happily. "yea, I've always wanted an older brother," Jimin says. yoongi begins to feel excited. what if Jimin's family does take him in? will he get a nice family? will he be able to leave this place?

sadly, the time spent between jimin and yoongi passes by quickly and it's time for the park family to go. the parents whisper something to the caretaker before they turn around begin to leave. jimin tugs on his dad's sleeve. "daddy, I know who I like best," He says, and his dad looks down at him. "You do?" He asks in a sweet tone and the child nods. "i want yoonki," yoongi can hear faintly, and he notices how he combines his real name and his nickname. "oh, well we can.." Jimin's dad's voice trails off. yoongi feels happiness bubble inside him. he can't wait until tomorrow. yoongi walks off to find the caretaker. when he finds her, he tugs on her sleeve. "yes, ki?" She asks sweetly, kneeling down so she's on his level. "what happens to my dad's money?" He asks her. "well, if you find a family that likes you, the money goes to them so they can help benefit you in your health and education," She answers and he nods. "okay, thank you," He says and turns around.

yet again, yoongi is the first downstairs when the Park family arrives. "hi yoonki!" Jimin says, and Yoongi is taken by surprise when the younger tackles him in a hug. he doesn't know how to react. jimin releases him. "hi, babyboy," Yoongi says, remembering the nickname. "You remembered!" Jimin exclaims, and yoongi can't help but smile. he can barely hear the conversation between Jimin's parents and the caretaker.

"we think jimin likes yoongi, so can we take him home and see if this is what he wants?" He hears, but he isn't sure who says it. he doesn't hear the caretakers response either. "jimin, I think I might be able to come home with you!" Yoongi says, looking excitedly at Jimin. "really?" He exclaims, clasping his small hands together. "yea, I heard your parents talking!" He responds and Jimin jumps in joy. for some reason, Jimin always makes yoongi smile.

-

idk it's 1 am and i have school in 5 hours and my insomnia might be coming back and ahh