Chapter 9- Why do you forgive me?

Important Question in authors note! :*

Louis POV

I didn't know what to do as Elle sat there mumbling to her self. If getting hurt physically like that what happens when she gets hurt mentally? I rocked her back and forth in my arms and quietly tried to soothe her. It worked slightly and she stopped mumbling incoherent words. I lifted her chin with my index finger and forced her to look at me in the eyes. She had tears forming in her lifeless eyes, what did he do to her? Did he say something to her, or did he really hurt her that much?

"Elle, did he say anything to you?" She shook her head and hissed in pain as I hugged her tighter. She put one small hand over her arm and looked up at me, "He just hurt me that's all." She whispered.

I gently took her arm and rolled her sleeve up to reveal a large hand print looking bruise already forming. "I will be right back." She nodded and I got up and went to grab an icepack. I handed the icepack and watched her as she put the cold object onto her wounded arm. I wanted to go and yell at Harry for hurting her, but I couldn't. I knew Elle loved Harry, not in the way I hoped she loved me. In a brotherly way, is how she loved Harry. And if I yelled at him, I would hurt her.

"I'll be right back." she stated. I wanted to stop her, but she was still slightly shaken up. I watched her as she went the same way Harry had. This will either end up good or very bad; Elle is hot headed and likes to fight a lot.

I sighed and looked at the time, only ten.pm? I went over to the couch and turned the telly on and searched through the countless number of channels and finally decided on sponge bob. That's when I heard someone yell, "Harry!"

Usually I would just let them figure it out themselves, but fear ran through that one word. I shot off the couch and ran out the front door and saw Elle pacing while on the phone crying, and Harry laying on the ground, lifeless. "Elle what happened?!" I shouted as she finally got off the phone. She just burst into tears that she had been holding back. I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her, and she turned around and buried her head in my chest. I heard the sirens as she lifted her head, "It's all my fault." She sobbed as the ambulance put Harry onto a stretcher. When they wheeled past us Elle asked, "Can I please ride with him?" The men looked at each other before nodding their heads, "He may come also if he would like." I nodded and walked, with Elle pressed into my side, to the ambulance truck.

We sat down in the back and the man with black hair was in the back tending to a wounded Harry. "Does anyone know what happened?" Elle nodded, "H-He was h-hit by a t-truck." She stuttered.

The man nodded, "Did you see anything about the vehicle?"

"The car was blue and it looked like a Toyota." He nodded and wrote down what she had said after he was done tending to Harry. "Did you see any of the license plate numbers?"

"Yeah, I saw the last two numbers, they were 29." She said leaning into my side.

"I think that's enough questions for now, can you wait for a while to ask her more?" I asked, and the man nodded.

"Once she thinks she's ready," He pulled out a business card, "ask for me." I nodded and Elle curled up into my side. I looked down at her and she was falling asleep, "Are you two together?" I shook my head, "Not yet at least." He smiled, "I'm sure she will say yes."

"We're here!" Someone yelled. I shook Elle awake and, Jack, the one who had asked her the questions yelled for someone to help him with the stretcher. I stood up and hopped out and helped get Harry out of the van. Once he was out I went and helped Elle out and we rushed after Jack and a knocked out Harry.

"No one passed this point, please go into the waiting room." Elle lost it at this point, "No! He is my brother, just let me go back there!" She had tears running down her cheeks and her nose was red from the cold outside. "I'm sorry, miss but you must stay here."