Chapter 17- Break ups and fights

Elle's POV

Dream:

I woke up by the sound of pounding on my bedroom door. I shook my head and head over to the door to reveal, Jai. I gulped as he stood there, with that smirk playing at his lips. I wanted to run away screaming or hide under my bed like a little kid, but I was rooted to the ground.

"Hey little sister, long time no see." I nodded my head and kept all emotion wiped clean off my face; I couldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing how broken I felt.

"Why do you look so afraid?" He whispered as he slowly made his way toward me. What did he want from me this time? I was perfectly fine... okay that was a lie but I was a lot better than before. I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize he was standing right in front of me.

"I'm going to do something I should've done a long time ago." He said pulling out a gun of his coat pocket. I gulped, my eyes widen in fear. I began backing away slowly, not taking my eyes of the shining gun he held in his hand. His cold, dead eyes met mine, a smirk appeared on his pale lips. He wasn't kidding he really was going to kill me.

His finger met the trigger and before I could even turn around and run, the bullet was flying towards me, then everything went black. 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I sat straight up in bed, beads of sweat covering my body. It felt so real, like Jai was actually here. I wiped my wet eyes and my cheeks, I hadn't even realized I was crying until sobs racked my body. I covered my mouth trying to quiet them down but they only seemed to get louder.

Everything was blurred from the tears but I still tried to make out the numbers on the illuminated clock. '12:40PM' I slept that long?! I sighed and I felt another wave of tears roll by. The sobs were louder than before making it hard for me to stop crying. No matter how many times I wiped my eyes they just kept falling.

"Elle?" I looked up to see Louis staring back at me with his bright blue eyes. "What's wrong?" I started motioning with my hands, but he still did not understand. Despite the lack of trust I had with my voice right now, I still replied.

Louis POV

She replied in a raspy voice, "It was just a dream, nothing to worry about." There something wrong with her that she's not telling me. "Elle, I know something happened so why can't you just tell me?" Her small hands met her slightly puff eyes and rubbed, "I don't want to alright, I'm just a burden to everyone. No one deserves to hear my problems."

My hands clenched into fists, she thinks she's a burden? If anything she is an absolute sweetheart. She never cares for herself, she puts other first and she sees the good in everyone. Yet, she can't find the good in herself. "Elle, you are not a burden. So don't ever think that again, understand? You are never going to be." She shook her head, not believing me, "L-louis, you don't understand what it's like going around one day all happy because of a little pill. Then the next day you are depressed because you don't take it."

I ran a hand through my slightly disheveled hair before laying down next to her on the bed. Her dull blue eyes met mine, and I instantly wanted the old Elle back. The one where her eyes lit up over everything, or how she would always be hyper over everything. "Elle, I know it's hard. But I want you to just try to continue to take them." Her eyes left mine and went to the window with the slightly ajar curtains.

"The dream was terrible. Jai had a gun and killed me. I don't know why that effected me so much." I was surprised she actually told me, she placed her head into my chest and snuggled into my side. I pulled the covers up over her shoulders and kissed her temple. "You're going to be alright, it was just a dream." She nodded her head and kissed my cheek softly, "Thank you Louis, I don't know what I would do without you." I smiled sadly because I knew she was telling the truth, sometimes she could be hiding her thoughts and the next moment she would tell you everything.

I sighed, I would do anything for her, but she has to help herself also.

Harry's POV

I sat at the empty booth, waiting for my girlfriend; who I was going to break up with. She was an amazing girl but I just lost feelings for her, I liked someone else. I felt like I was back in grade school with this whole 'crush' thing. I shook my head and the chime of the bell above the door brought me back to reality. Her dark brown hair was down in its usual waves and her light brown eyes met mine, a frown clear on her glossed lips. "Hey, Harry." She greeted as she sat down across from me, I just nodded in recognition.  

"What did you need to talk about? I was in the middle of something." Kendall snapped, tapping her freshly manicured fingers on the booth table. I rolled my green eyes, "You could've just said you were busy." I stated, making her glare at me slightly. "Well that would've been mean, now what is it?"

"We should break up." Her eyes widened and she put her phone on the table. I knew what was coming, she was going to cause a scene and we would be on the cover of every magazine. "Why, what would make you ever think that?" She asked, her voice raising slightly. "I just don't have feelings for you anymore." She shook her head, tears forming in her eyes. "Fine, if that is what you want then fine." She snapped the tears falling.

"Kendall, just stop with the fake tears." I said running a hand through my hair. "These aren't fake, now have a good life." She stormed out and slammed the door behind her. This is not going to end well.

I quickly stood up and left the shop, I needed to go home and tell them what happened.

Louis's POV

I looked down at the sleeping girl I held in my arms. The corners of my lips turned upward as I moved her long hair out of her face, she looked so free, like nothing could harm her. I knew there was a way I could help her, but I kept coming up blank. There had to be a way for me to help her, but also for her to help herself.

The dreams had to have been going on for longer than just today, but why didn't she tell someone? I wanted to help her, but I couldn't if she didn't tell me things. I felt like a terrible boyfriend, but I knew if I told Elle she wouldn't understand. Besides, I didn't want to put anything else onto her shoulders.

"Louis?" I looked down and saw Elle staring up at me, "Are you okay?" She asked, she was so sweet and caring, she never put herself first. "Yeah, are you?" She nodded her head quickly and avoided my gaze, I could tell she was lying. "Elle, don't lie, alright? You can tell me anything." I heard her sigh before she answered, "Then you need to tell me what is wrong first." Despite the situation I laughed, "You need to stop putting other people before yourself."

"So you want me to be selfish?" She asked, her blue eyes wide. "No, I'm just saying sometimes you need to stop being so... caring." I replied.  "Louis, you need to stop putting me before you! I can tell you're hurting." I sighed, I knew we were going to end up fighting, but with our hotheaded personalities there was no way around it.

"I won't put myself before you ever. I know YOU are hurting but you won't tell me anything!" I raised my voice. "I don't tell you anything because you don't tell ME anything!" She shouted pulling out of my grasp and getting out of bed. "Well that's because you don't need anything else on your shoulders!" She shook her head and humorlessly laughed, "You don't know how long I have had this thing on my shoulders!"

"Well I would if you would fucking tell me things! I can't be with someone who won't tell me anything or accept my help!" I shouted and instantly regretted it, I have never cussed at her before, let alone have a fight with her like this.

"I think we need to cool down." She stated quietly. "Elle pleas-"

"No, just get out. We need to cool down before we say anything else we will regret."

So kind of a cliffhanger. I am so sorry for not updating, I was grounded but this is a kind of long chapter! I will try to update again tomorrow! :)

xoxox

alex