Chapter 20* Why?

Chapter 20* Why?

Yay its chapter 20!! Sorry for the long wait guys I might be able to update again this week, not sure yet...

I should be doing my math homework but oh well;)

I hope you like this chapter!!:)

I will be skipping some in this chapter!!

xx

Elle POV

I sat there frozen for a few seconds until I began kissing him back. Our lips moved in synch and his large hands cupped my cheeks before he pulled away and looked into my blue eyes. "Uh, sorry I shouldn't have done that." He stuttered and dropped his hands into his lap, he looked like a lost puppy it was quite adorable.

"Niall, it's alright." I didn't really know what to say, so I did the first thing that came to mind, I kissed him.

I gently made him look at me and softly placed my lips onto his. I pulled back before he had a chance to react. He stared at me shocked but quickly smiled. I smiled back and he pulled me into his chest shocking me, "you are so strong and please don't ever hurt yourself."

I just sat there, not saying anything. I knew I couldn't promise him anything like that. "Niall, I can't promise you anything like that, I'm sorry."

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°

"Elle, you alright?" Harry asked as he stood over the stove cooking the noodles for the spaghetti.

"Um, yeah I was just thinking." He turned around and  narrowed his eyes before grabbing the strainer and poured the large amount of noodles into it and back into the empty pot.

"I know you're lieing to me." I sighed and shook my head, "No I'm not, I was just thinking." I lied through my teeth. He poured the sauce in with the noodles and mixed the two together, "Then what were you think about? Surely you can tell me if you are alright." He emphasized the word alright and grabbed down four plates for Louis, Luke, him and I.

"Fine I'm not okay, I was thinking about what happened yesterday and why that person would do what they did and just leave right after not saying a word." Harry smiled sadly, "Does this have something to do with Louis?" I shook my head.

"For once no, it was Niall." He nodded, "Good thing I didn't invite him over for dinner." I shook my head at his attempt to make me laugh or smile, "If you are trying to make me laugh, you are failing." He laughed and I instantly smiled. His laugh could always make me smile, and I never knew why...

"Oh and Elle, uh... um-" Harry muttered quietly filling up the plates and grabbing down four cups and eating utensils.

"Harry spit it out." I still had the smile on my face but his next words quickly wiped the smile off my face.

"Niall went back home." I raised my eyebrows and placed both hands on my hips, "You're kidding right?" He shook his head sadly making my face fall, "He-He j-just l-left." I whispered and nodded my head putting the fakest smile I could muster on.

"Elle-" I cut him off, "I'm Fine."

Why, why would he just leave without even saying goodbye? Why did he kiss me if he knew he was leaving? is that why he told me to stay strong? Because he knew he was leaving? Why?

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

The dinner with my brother, my best friend and Louis (I still didn't know what to call Louis), went well enough. There was no awkward silences and no one really said anything about me keeping to myself. I insisted on doing the dishes but Harry decided to help.

"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner." I sighed and handed him the clean plate for him to dry.

"It's fine Harry. It was just a little unexpected." He nodded and put the ladt plate away as I turned the tap water off.

"So do you have any planes for tomorrow?" I thought for a moment before I shook my head, "Nope, why?" Harry looked slightly nervous and it was the first time I have ever seen him like this.

"Well I thought we could hang out tomorrow, just the two of us. I mean, if you want of course you don't have to..." I smiled at his rambling on and placed my hand over his mouth.

"If course!  That'd be great." He smiled behind my hand before something wet touched it.

"Ew! Harry did you just lick me?!" He burst out laughing and clutched his stomach from laughing too hard. I glared at the curly haired boy and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Aww, don't be mad!" He whined and started poking my cheek. I rolled my eyes at him and began poking his prominent dimple.

I don't know how long we were doing this but when we finally stopped, we were so close our noses almost touched. Harry looked into my eyes and placed one large hand on my cheek. If he leaned in just s tiny bit his plump lips would touch mine an- Wait what am I thinking? He is like my brother; I can't have any feelings for him... but do I?

I don't know, I am so lost and confused but something inside of me is saying I want his lips on mine...

"Am I interrupting something?" We broke apart and I faced Luke who had a smirk on his face.

"N-no?" It came out more as a question making Luke laugh. "Anyway, what movie do you want to watch?"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Harry ended up going to a match that his manager, Paul set up. I didn't mind but matches usually lasted for about an hour and it would take him about thirty minutes to get home. And no, I did not sit here and do the math, I fought at the rink he was supposed to be at. Anyways, it has been nearly four hours since he left and either he is hurt or he is drunk.

I sighed as the ending credits of another movie rolled down the screen. I was not in the mood for anymore movies but I dealt with it for Luke's sake. "Now what?" Louis asked his eyes meeting mine for a split second. I shrugged my shoulders and looked out the window next to me. It was dark outside and the moon was shining brightly down on the houses.

"Elle are you alright?" Louis asked once Luke left the room. I sighed and shook my head,  "No but it doesn't matter." Louis raised an eyebrow and his eyes searched my face for any sign of emotion.

"Elle, you can't just keep your feelings hidden. You need to tell someone, anyone. Buy a journal and write down your feelings in there, but don't keep it bottled up inside." I tears filled in my eyes and my vision became slightly blurry.

"W-why do you c-care? I'm nothing to you." I whispered and the tears began to slip down my pale cheeks. I wanted to tell him but the words got caught in my throat. I really missed this boy, but I knew I couldn't have him back. Maybe we could be just friends, maybe he could still be there for me like before... But I had a hard time trusting him again.

"You are everything to me, but I know you want your space." I sighed, "Louis, I don't even know what I want anymore." I honestly didn't want to have this conversation with my ex boyfriend. 

"Elle, I hope you know I will always be here for you, no matter what." He brought me into his chest and smiled slightly at me, "Im sorry Elle and I want to make it up to you."

***********

That is how I ended up at The CheeseCake Factory with Louis. We went the movies and saw Divergent, it was sad but very good. Louis was being so sweet and somehow got me to let him pay for me. I smiled at Louis who was talking excitedly about how he was going to lend me the second book in the series. 

"Thanks Louis." I stated as he finished talking. He smiled and nodded.

I liked this side of Louis, he was sweet and quite adorable. His face lit up like it was Christmas morning and he talked faster than usual. I looked through the menu and finally decided what I wanted to get. The two of us ordered and we talked some more.

"Thank you Louis, for today." I said as we walked out of the restaurant, arms linked. He smiled down at me, "Your welcome, Elle." I smiled as he held the door open to his car for me. I laughed as he bowed and shut the door behind me, he was such a gentleman when he wanted to be... Maybe that's why I still wanted him in my life, but did I want to be with him?