Chapter 2: Not A Wall

We take a left turn and drive further into the street which is lined with fancy looking houses and mansions. As we reach the end of the street, I catch sight of the mansion we are going to be staying at and I can't help but gawk at it.

"Whoa..." is all that leaves my mouth as the car pulls up to the front of the place, passing the giant metal gates which open before us.

"This is mansion Pearce," he says, "This was Nowell and Norris's aunts' mansion. Their aunts' family lived here until they moved a few years back. They left the family with this mansion and since it is so near the college, they decided to use it as a college home for the Pearces. They have tons of room so they let others stay with them, like friends from high."

He continues as we walk up the path with our luggage, "Nowell told me that his older brother used this house for his years of college. Had lots of fun with it and now, it was his turn."

Just as he ends his "speech" we step onto the porch and the door opens. There stands two boys with identical features except for the colour of their eyes. One has bright blue eyes while the other has glasses that frame his brown ones. Both have dirty blond hair and a smile on their face.

"Yes, it is now my turn," Blue eyes says, earning a nudge from his brother.

"I'm Norris and this is Nowell." Brown eyes, Norris, says.

"I'll help you with your luggage," Nowell offers, taking my hand and planting a kiss before grabbing my luggage, hefting it over his shoulders.

If all the boys act this way, treating me like a princess, I will have no problems living in this house. No problems at all...

"What about me?" Cameron asks.

"You can do it yourself big boy," Nowell replies as he went up the stairs.

Cameron rolls his eyes before grabbing his luggage and following suite. We go up the stairs to the rooms where there were doors on either side. Mini chalkboards were hung on the doors with names written on them.

"I'll show you to your room miss, Norris, you can show him his," Nowell says when we reached the end of the corridor.

"Before you," Nowell says, opening the door for me.

I go into the room with Nowell right behind me. The walls are a light blue colour, the floors have a lavishing carpet. The bed is in plain white sheets with a light blue duvet over it. There's also a desk in the corner and a door that leads to a bathroom. The bath is petite but very fancy with an enclosed shower, a toilet and a marble sink.

I fall back onto the bed dramatically when I hear a voice reminding me that Nowell is in the room.

"Comfy?" he asks as he lays down beside me.

"Yeah"

"If you need anything you can always find the two maids okay, and grab food freely from the fridge if you want."

"You have maids?" I exclaim, a little shocked.

"Yes, we have maids, how else would we keep this big place clean?"

I feet as if I were a princess. But to be fair, they were going to be waiting on 11 other boys, not very princess like when you think about it.

"You can also come to me though if you have any problems, especially if the air conditioning is too cold for you, I'll help get you warm," he says as he wiggles his brows and gives me a stupid smile that makes him look like a paedophile. There is the cockiness I had expected prior, looks like I was right.

"Get out!" I yell, as I push, attempt to push, him out of my room.

He leaves without much of a fight except for a bit of grumbling which I allow myself to ignore. I zip open my luggage on the floor and take everything out, ready to settle in. I shove all my clothes into the wardrobe and put my books on the shelves. I also take out the little photographs I brought along, just in case I missed family. I put my file on the study table and my favourite baking book in the case. As I am unpacking, I start to feel hungry so I decide to head for the kitchen when I am interrupted by a text from Emily.

Emily: how is it?

Me: The place? Amazing.

Emily: Lucky

Me: Well, not really. I'm surrounded by boys

Emily: hot boys

Me: how did you even know that

Emily: So they are hot! What are their names?

Me: not all of them are even here yet

Emily: Well you better tell me

Me: Ya, ya

I walk down the hall after typing my reply, reading the names on the chalkboard aloud, "Eugene, Malcolm, Tony, Oliver, Alan, Trent, Wilfred, Josh." The rest of the doors have empty chalkboards on them, guest rooms I suppose. As I reach the end of the hall, I realise that there is more to the house than a bunch of doors and hallways.

The other side of the floor is a library with bookshelf after bookshelf filled with books. This was book heaven right here. There are also fancy cream coloured armchairs with matching tables.

I go down the stairs and to the kitchen to grab a bite before exploring the rest of this gigantic mansion.

I go to the huge fridge, everything seems to be huge in this place. I grab a chocolate bar and go out of the kitchen which has bar stools along the counter and a dining table. Across the hall is the recreational room I suppose. It has some gym equipment on one end and the usual television and couch on the other. Not forgetting the computers that line the sides.

I go behind the stairs where there is a bathroom. There's nothing much left behind that, just two doors at the end of the hallway, with similar chalkboards as the ones the bedrooms had that wrote "Pearce" and "Pearce" on both boards.

I go up to my brother's room after my exploration of the first floor. One knock on the door and it swings open. My brother stands there with a happy grin on his face.

"Hey Cam," I greet, plastering a smile on my face too as I walk in.

"Hey Cami," he says as I hop onto his bed.

"Where are the other boys?" I ask, curios as to why it seems so empty and quiet when 8 other boys are supposed to be here.

"Interested in boys now are we?" He teases in which I throw a pillow to his face in response.

He lets out a grunt before he says, "They are coming later."

"Later when?"

"Why are you so curious? Want to have a boyfriend already?" he taunts me once more.

I throw another pillow at him. He had better stop because I'm running out of pillows here.

"Most are coming tomorrow but Eugene is supposed to be here. Not sure why he's late,"

I nod and get off the comfy bed to retrieve the pillows, only for my spot to be taken as Cameron flies to the bed. I shoot him a glare and throw one of the pillows at him.

"Cami ! Stop it already." He whines but I throw the other at him.

"That's it! You better run Cami." He warns.

I bolt out of the room and scurry down the stairs, turning back to see him going down the stairs. He suddenly stops and I stop too as I have run right into the wall, except, it isn't a wall. It is a boy.

// I hope you liked this chapter, sorry if it was a little draggy to you, I wanted to give ya a good idea of how the mansion looked and the facilities in it. The next chapter will have more plot/action, I promise.