Chapter 19: I Promise

As I was getting ready for bed, I heard a knock from my door so I went ahead and opened it.

"Cami," he said, with a small smile on his face and his hands opened wide.

"Cam," I said with a small smile and let him in my room.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier, I've just been so hung over today," he said as he laid on my bed.

"It's okay,"

After a while of silence Cameron blurted out, "I heard what happened."

I nodded.

"Eugene told me."

Of course he did, I thought.

"Are you okay?" he asked, voice laced with worry.

"As good as I can be," I said, forcing a wide smile.

He looked at me for a few seconds before looking up at the ceiling, "Are you two still together?"

"Well, kind of."

"Well, just... Just be more careful okay, that boy is not perfect, quite far from it, in fact."

"Yeah," I acknowledged.

"There's going to be a party on Wednesday, are you coming?"

"I don't want to,"

"That's okay, go to sleep okay,"

"Okay," I replied and he got up and left my room.

I lay on my bed, I'm not sure for how long but that was how I fell asleep.

*****

Josh's car pulls up to the driveway. Friday night, I thought that I would never hear him or see him ever again, let alone see his car in the very spot that it is in right now but low and behold, I am giving him a second chance.

Josh gets out of the car and walks over to me, taking my hands and giving them a small kiss, then he gave me a sheepish smile and takes me back to the car.

"Where are we going?" is the first question I ask when he starts the car.

"We are going to the mall,"

"What are we going to do?"

"Well, if we are going to have fun, I think you'll need something to wear." He replies with a devilish smirk on his face.

My instinct is to scream no but I find myself blushing and smiling back, nodding my head. Where is this girl coming from? Maybe it is the dirty desires within me producing this girl...

*****

We step into the lingerie shop, same one we stepped into on our first date.

I take a deep breath and exhale slowly, trying to calm my raging blood vessels, I am not ready for this.

I walk down the rows of lingerie and go immediately to those that cover the most skin, which, considering that we are in a lingerie store, it is not very much skin that is being covered.

I take a cute light pink set, another one that is red as well as a third which has black lacing.

"Why did you choose this store anyway?" I ask Josh as I look around at the shop which doesn't have as many choices as a shop like Victoria Secret probably does.

"Well, you'll see." He says as he leads us towards one of the employees.

"May we go into one of the changing rooms?" he asks her.

Wait, did he just say 'we'?

But before I can think about it further, Josh has dragged me into one of the changing rooms, well, couple changing rooms.

The room have mood lighting, an antique vanity and plush rugs. There is a half-wall at the back of the room which covers from my toes to my shoulders, that's where I'm supposed to change?

Josh sits on the chair at the vanity, looking at me expectantly.

"Let me have a look at them," he says and I pass them to him.

"Man... you're no fun."

"What?"

"Wear this," he says, passing to me the light pink set.

I take it from him and go behind the wall, changing as quickly as I can, afraid that he would come up from behind me.

When I step out out from behind the wall, I realize how little clothes I am wearing and wrap my arms around me to stop myself from shivering. He immediately comes over and wrap his arms around me, being enveloped by warmth now, I look up at him.

"Hm..." he hums as he takes a step back to get a better look at me.

You should try on the lace, he says and passed it to me.

As I go behind the wall to change, I hear the door open and close, Josh has slipped out. What is he up to now...?

I put on the laced lingerie and sit down on the floor, playing with my hair when Josh comes back in with what seems like ten more sets of lingerie even though it is merely five more. Five too many, I think as all they look like to me are small pieces of cloth which have holes cut out in them.

He puts them on the vanity table first then getting a good look of me, shaking his head.

"Look at these," he says, crooking his finger, beckoning me to go to him.

I looked down at them and just as I have previously thought, they were just little pieces of cloth.

Put on this one, he says, pointing to a red and black lace set which has almost no coverage, worst thing is that it seems to have the most amount of cloth on it, so with a deep breath, I pick it up and tried it on.

Josh looks at me, "better," he says and then passes me another one which is just about identical to the one I am wearing except that it had lesser cloth and its bottom is merely a thong.

As I am changing, I hear a knock from the door and hope that someone is coming to save me from this but the employee just shouts, "Everything okay in there?"

In which Josh replied with a "yup".

But I know myself that I am not okay, not at all, I think as I look down at what I am wearing.

Then, I feel his arms come from behind me, turning me around with ease so that my eyes met his.

"This is beauty," he says, gesturing to me.

"Really?" I ask softly.

"Definitely," he says and bends down to give me a kiss.

His arms wrap around me tightly and I press myself closer to him. His tongue enters my mouth again and he explore me as if it is his first time again. Moving his hands freely, touching me where no one else has before.

"Will you give yourself to me?"

I am about to nod when another knock comes from the door, we are still in the dressing room, technically in public.

"Is everything alright?" the employee asks.

"Everything is fine," I manage to reply and push Josh away, as much as I want this to continue.

"I promise it to you on Friday."

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise you Josh." I say and go behind the wall to change back into my street clothes.

"Will you come with me to the party on Wednesday?"

"Sorry Josh, I can't."

"Well I'll come over to your place on Friday okay,"

"Yes Josh," I can see the hesitance in his eyes so I assure him, "I promise Josh, I promise."