Chapter 34: Cuddles

We finish up dinner and I'm excited to listen in on Cameron and Eugene's conversation but there is a tinge of worry mixed in too.

"Hey, can we watch a movie together? In your room," Eugene asks.

"Yeah, why not," I reply and we go up the stairs, our hands gently grazing against each other causing sparks to run up my spine.

He hops onto the bed as I ease next to him, leaving a gap between us just in case Cameron barges in, or maybe it's just because I'm nervous... He grabs the laptop from the bedside table and goes onto a website dominated by films.

"What do you want to watch?" He asks as he scrolls through the films.

"I'm not sure," I say as I look at all the new films, most of which I haven't heard of, I must be really outdated...

"How about this one?" He says, moving the curser over one of the films, "I heard that it's really good,"

"Sounds good,"

He clicks on it and the movie soon begins. A few minutes through the movie, I realise Eugene's arm over my shoulder and I'm cuddling up against him as he pulls me closer. I rest my head on his strong chest as we watch the movie, finding a comfortable position to lean on. His warmth envelopes me and I take in his scent of peppermint and cuddle even closer, feeling a sense of safety in his arms. He nuzzles his nose in my hair, and feeling his breath near my ear makes my heart skip a beat. I feel him move under me and breath calmly into my hair as I relax against him. I don't really realize or focus much on what's happening in the movie even though my eyes are on the screen, the warmth, touch and everything in between that I felt as I moved closer to him were a bit distracting, well, very.

The movie seems to be ending as the screen dims. I resounding knock from the door jolts me up. It creaks open as I start to scoot away from Eugene. Cameron's head peaks out from between the door and it's frame, looking over at me and Eugene, I hope the gap is big enough to assume we weren't doing anything, especially not cuddling as close as we were a few moments ago.

I watch as Eugene glances up at Cameron, confusion in his eyes.

"I need to talk to you gene," he says and kicks the door open wider.

Eugene looks at me and I shrug back at him. He sighs and scoots of the bed and I follow behind him.

"Eugene, in my room, Cami, you're not coming." He says and I watch as Eugene opens the door unsurely, taking a look behind him before going in, "I'll send you a call," he whispers to me and winks at me before he trudges off to his room.

I close the door and take my phone, an incoming call appears from Cameron and I answer it, increasing the volume so that I can hear them clearly, I do not want to miss this.

"Why'd you call me in here for?"

"To make sure you're not another Josh,"

Eugene scoffs and chuckles, "Okay, after this I can go back to her right?"

"Yes,"

"Alright, ask away."

"My sister, she's a pretty girl –"

"There's no question in that..."

"Why, yes."

"Not as pretty as you, clearly." Eugene chokes out and erupts with laughter, Cameron laughs along too and I chuckle at the sound of their laughter.

"Okay, how will you pleasure her?"

"I don't think that's an appropriate question to answer to her brother. What goes on is between her and me."