Chapter 20: Goals

I wake up extra early this morning to meet up with the girls. Emily messaged late last night to tell us to meet earlier. We asked her why but she didn't want to elaborate so I'm not sure what news she is going to bring us. However, my mind has been buzzing with thoughts, I want to tell them absolutely everything that happened yesterday at the lingerie store, but at the same time I'm sure how they would react which is making me think otherwise. Emily was the one that asked us to gather earlier today, maybe she has plans?

I hop out of bed to get dressed, putting on minimal make up and some tan sandals. I grab my bag and go down the stairs to the kitchen for breakfast where Norris is.

"Good morning," he says brightly to me.

I return the smile, wishing him a good morning too as I take a seat beside him.

Ann places a plate of warm toast on my plate, accompanied by some butter and places it in front of me.

"Thank you," I say.

"What has you up so early today?" Norris asks as he takes a sip of his drink.

"I'm going to meet my friends before class," I say, as I butter up my toast.

"Cool, do you need a drive?"

"Yeah, I'm going to the main campus,"

"Alright, I'll drive you there, it's on the way to where I'm going anyway."

"Thanks Norris,"

"No problem, Camilla, I'll be ready in ten,"

"Okay," I say and finish off the rest of my breakfast before going out to the porch.

As I leave the dining room, I see Oliver running down the stairs with a smile on his face.

"Have you seen Norris?" he asks.

"Yeah, I think he's on the porch, I'm getting a ride with him."

"Okay, see you," he says and makes his way to the kitchen, strange.

I go out to the porch and enter the car.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting," I say and slip into the passenger seat of the car.

"No worries, didn't really wait long," he says with a smile.

"Oliver was looking for you just now,"

"He was?" he said as his faced lit up.

"Yeah, I don't know what it was about though,"

"Well, it's probably not very important," he says and there was silence between us for a while before he spoke again, "So you and Josh huh, how's it been going?"

"It's been okay,"

"You like him a lot yeah? I mean, you're still with him after what he did,"

"It was partly my fault," I say softly under by breath.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"Oh, umm... No, it's okay. Yeah, I like him,"

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I ask him.

I see a light shade of pink across his cheeks at first, I'm not sure if what I saw was accurate but less than a second after, he started to chuckle a little, "Nah, I don't really do girls," he says as he pulls up.

"Thanks for giving me a ride," I say again as I get out of the car.

"You're welcome," I hear him say as I close the door.

Rose was already there and as I saw the glum look on her face, the smile from my face fell and I ran up to her.

"Where's Emily? Are you okay?"