Chapter 23: Just Fine

I go into the kitchen to grab a snack before going up to my room. After all the things that have happened in the last two days, I think I deserve some dark chocolate. I grab a bar and go up to my room, thinking about everything that I have been thinking about today.

All I have been thinking about today was Eugene, Josh and Cameron and how stupid I am. Every time I think I'm over with Josh, I think about the moments we had and have to get over him all over again.

I'm still going through my thoughts when Norris walks down the stairs, "Hey," he greets.

"Hey Norris," I say and go up the stairs when a thought pops into my head.

"Is Eugene up stairs?" I ask, I have been thinking and realize that yesterday's blow up I had was not exactly very fair or nice, I did not even give him a chance to explain"

"Eugene? No, he was due to leave this morning," I feel a crack in my heart and remember Oliver's words from last night, did everyone know?

"To where?"

"He didn't tell you?" I guess everyone did know I think as I shook my head in reply.

"I thought he would've but he went back to live with his family,"

"Oh, okay," This is not okay, I continue up the stairs to my room.

Why didn't he tell me? I wonder as I sit on the bed. I peel open the chocolate wrapper and take a bite out of it. If only eating chocolate could solve my problems...

*****

We settle into a spot in my bedroom. I told those two a brief story of what happened and they came over in a flash, now they have their expectant eyes on me, ready for me to begin.

"You can start now," Emily says.

I take a deep breath and start with the basics," So Josh, he had an ex that he said he broke up with, he never actually broke up with her."

"What? Then why did he get with you?" Rose asked.

I switched on my phone and clicked on our chat and showed it to them. I buried my face in one of the pillows as I waited for their reaction, breathing deeply as I remember the plethora of emotions I felt when I first received the message and try to keep them at bay.

"Wow..." I hear Rose say.

I feel the bed dip as they climb onto the bed and sit beside me.

"What else did he do?" Emily asks.

"You know when I told you all they did some things in my room?"

I look up and see both of them nodding furiously, "Well, he was actually doing it with her and the her is his ex." I blurt out and put my face in my pillow again.

"Do you love him?" Emily asks.

I think about her question. Do I love Josh? Do I love him? Do I even love any boy?

"I don't know," I burst out.

"You're making it worse Emily,"

"What do I do?"

"Let's do "Mission No Josh""

"What's that?" I ask, now this, I want to know.

"Well, we get rid of Josh from, well, you."

"And how are we going to do that?"

"Did he buy you anything?"

I think for a while and my mind goes to the bag of lingerie I have sitting at the bottom of my closet. I feel my face become hot and burry my face in my pillow.