Chapter 38: Thunderstrom

I find a new set of clothes to change into, first girl or not, I want to look presentable. I put on a coral spaghetti strap dress and white cardigan over it and I choose some boots to go along with my outfit, only putting on some concealer and tainted lip balm. I bring a small purse with me and throw in a few of my belongings before I am seating by the porch, waiting for Eugene.

I am bouncing on the chair with excitement as I wait for him to arrive and when I see his car drive past the gates, I immediately jump up from my seat. Eugene walks out of the car and jogs over to me, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before leading me to the car and opening the door for me before his gets into his seat. The first thing he does is turn on the radio which surprises me since he never did it before.

"Is this radio station okay? I don't really listen to radio,"

"Yeah, it's okay." I say, simply surprised that he turned it on in the first place.

"Do you know how to bake butter cookies too? My father loves those."

"Yeah okay, I'll make the butter ones first?"

"Yah,"

"Who's at home now?"

"My father, possibly my brother too."

"Okay,"

"Have you had lunch yet?"

"Nope,"

"Would it be okay if we called take out or microwaved some food? I don't have much groceries at home,"

"Yeah, that's okay, I'm not very hungry."

"Have you ever had any pets?"

"Not quite unless you count a rat Cameron kept at home once. When my parents found out, they threw it out of the house, leaving Cameron devastated."

"Was it a good mouse?"

"As could as it could've been with it being stuck in a cardboard box for the whole day. Its squeaks were rather loud though. It's a wonder how my parents only found out a week later."

Eugene chuckled at the joke and a comfortable silence reigned in the air between us as the radio goes on. I watch as house upon house passes by the window and we go towards the dark clouds, looming over us. The clouds break and the first drops of rain fall onto the ground and cause the soothing sound of rain landing on the car and sliding down the window. The rain gets progressively heavier as we continue down the road until it's practically a thunderstorm when we pull up in front of a small quaint house.

"Well, aren't we in a predicament?" I say as I look out of the window at the rain that is pouring down.

"You have an umbrella?"

"Nope."

"Me either, make a run for it?" he asks.

"Seems like the only way out."

"In three?"

"1..." we say together as we move our hands to the door handles.

"2..." we say louder, getting ready to push open the door and run.

"3," we say and Eugene opens the door first bravely before I open mine and the rain pounds down on me. I slam the door shut at make a run for the porch, going up the steps before I trip over something and feel myself lose balance and it seems as if I'm falling to my doom.

I am bracing myself to feel my face on the wet mud but instead, strong hands catch me quickly and lift me up. We're standing together now, in the rain as Eugene carries me, bridal style, in the middle of the rain. Our hearts thumping wildly at what almost happened and the touch of our skin with our now drenched through clothes.

"We should get out of the rain." He whispers and I nod. We should definitely be out of the rain by now but my heart seems to say otherwise.

I lift my head up so that our lips are barely touching, "But I want to do this first," I say and I kiss him and even though I'm freezing cold in the rain, my core heats up like a flame and I feel myself getting lightheaded when he deepens the kiss and the excitement in my stomach goes absolutely crazy.

We pull back and Eugene brings us to the porch. He lets me stand up and he holds me close to him as he kisses me slowly until both of us feel too cold and I start to shiver.

"I think we should get in now," he says and fishes for the keys, opening the door.

"I thought you weren't coming in," A man who I assume to be Eugene's father says.

"Oh, I was just looking for my keys." He lies and I try to hold back my laugh.

"And who's this fine young lady?" he asks.

"This is Camilla," Eugene says gesturing to me and I give him as big of a smile as I could as I tried to keep my shivering, as unnoticeable as possible.

"Looks like you two got caught in the rain,"

"Yeah, it's quite a thunderstorm out there -,"

"Oh Eugene, look at your girlfriend, she's shivering from cold, bring an umbrella around will you and let her dry off," he said as he did a shooing motion which I was very grateful for seen as I was shivering and my teeth kept chattering.

"Okay dad," he says and brings me to his room.

He immediately starts looking through his wardrobe, "I don't think I have any pants that'll fit you... Are you okay with just a really big t-shirt?"

"Yeah."

"Okay he says and takes out a big t-shirt which was definitely too big for him, let alone me.

"Why do you have that?"

"It's a collector's thing," he says, gesturing to the Batman print on the shirt, "That's the toilet," he says and opens the door on the right and I follow behind him.

He hangs the shirt on the rack and takes one of the towels from the high shelf and hangs it beside the shirt.

"That's the shower and the soaps are -"

"On the shelf, yes, I can see that sir."

"Okay, do you need anything else?"

"No, I'm good,"

"Alright." He says and closes the door.

I quickly get out of my wet clothes and step into the shower, letting the warm water hit my skin and slide down my legs to the floor. I stand under the shower, soaking up the warmth the warm water provided before cleaning up and drying myself before pulling over the big Batman t-shirt over my head, the t-shirt falling up to my knees. I gather my wet clothes from the floor and use the towel on the floor to wipe up the small puddles of water.

I open the door back to the bedroom to see Eugene lying on his stomach, relaxing on the bed and I take note of the way his face lights up and his smile widens when he sees me. He moves off the bed and takes the clothes from me and I feel butterflies swarm in my stomach when I replay what happened in the rain. It was just a kiss but it felt like so much more than I ever felt.