Chapter 45: Love

I pull myself away from my stack of notes and textbooks for a second and look to my phone which is buzzing away at an incoming call.

"Hey Camilla,"

"Hi,"

"Could I interest you in a night on the eve of eve of the New Year?"

"Tonight?"

"Yes."

"Where will you take me?"

"It's a secret,"

"Okay."

"I'll pick you up at your place at 4,"

"You'll bring me out for dinner?"

"Yes,"

"Okay then, I'll see you later." I say and end the call.

"Who was that?" Cameron asks me from the doorway.

"Cameron, could you help me tell mom I'll be out for dinner tonight?"

"Sure thing, it's Eugene right? And do you need a ride?"

"Yeah, it's him and he will be picking me up at 4."

"Okay, don't come home too late,"

"Yes, dad." I reply and he leaves with a huff.

I close the door and start preparing for the night. I pick out a simple navy blue dress and white cardigan to go over it. I get in the shower for a quick rinse before I change into the dress. I decide to do a half pony tail and leave the rest of my hair straight down. Taking my purse, I scan the room to ensure that I have taken everything and when I skim over my bedside table and see Eugene's cap, a smile jumps to my face as I leave the room. I join Ally and Alicia with watching their cartoons in the living rooms before the doorbell rings.

"I'm going out now," I say as I gather my things and smoothen out my dress and doing a quick check on my hair.

"Bye Cami," they say together.

"Bye..." I say and open the door to the outside where I see Eugene, wide smiled and bright eyes.

"Hey,"

"Hi," I say and he takes my hand and leads me to the car.

A comfortable silence reigned in the air on our drive to wherever Eugene was taking me. We start to slow down as the view of a hospital becomes clear.

"We're seeing my dad today,"

"Cool, let's go," I say and once the car is parked, we enter the hospital. The nurses smile kindly at us as we enter the hospital and hand is visitor passes to go and visit Peter. We walk down the cool hallway, turning into a room where Peter is, sitting up on his bed and reading a set of newspapers.

"Hey dad."

"Oh, hello Camilla," Peter greets me.

"Hey peter,"

"I'm here you know," Eugene mutters.

"You too, son. Come on, sit down."

"I'm going to talk to the nurse first," Eugene says and walks off back down the hallway.

"Could you bake for me, those butter cookies, again?" he asks as I walk over and take a seat on the chair.

"Ya, I'll make another batch soon."

"So you're Eugene's girlfriend huh,"

"Yeah."

"I'll make sure Eugene takes good care of you."