Chapter 17: Party

We finished setting up the party and ate our dinner and to say the least, Malcolm didn't disappoint us with the food, it was very good. After dinner, Nowell did the final checks with us, making sure there were decorations everywhere, the balloons that will be put outside the mansion are ready.

Once everything was deemed okay by Nowell, we went to our rooms to get ready. The party was going to start soon so I just took a quick shower, washing away all the perspiration that had formed from decorating the house and put on a strapless dress that was silver around my bust and had a black skirt that stopped a few inches above my knees.

I put on some make up and curl my hair.

"Are you ready Cami?"

"Yeah." I say and put on my black heels and grab my phone before opening the door.

"I thought you were going to be late, well, we already are."

"How late am I?"

"Only fifteen, I think Nowell and a few others are already down stairs." He tells me as we go down the stairs.

I see quite a crowd from where we are at, the door is open and people are constantly streaming in.

It was pretty chill at first, until Trent came on with the music when the party started becoming crazy. Suddenly, the room is filled with people, dancing to the music and I spot a few people making out in corners.

I walk around, trying to find Josh.

Me: Are you here yet?

I text him, after a while he replies.

Josh: I'm coming over babe, don't worry, I'll be there.

Me: Okay babe

"Cami!"

"What?"

"We need to get some drinks, it seems like we are going to run out."

"So soon?" I say as we push through the crowd to get to the door.

"Yeah, this has only been going on for half, we need to get a whole lot more." He says and we get into his car.

We are on the way to the store when I get another text from Josh.

Josh: You here?

Me: I'm out to get some drinks

Josh: Alright, I'll hang with my friends first then.

Me: Okay

We get to the store and get as many drinks as we could carry.

I'm anxious to get back to the party, knowing what's going to happen tonight. To Josh. I never really like this but I feel that I need to get back as soon as I can.

*****

Finally, after the long queue at the store and a bit of traffic, we are back at the mansion. I carry the drinks to the kitchen with Cameron where the guys are at.

"Alright I think we should be okay, thanks Cami," Cameron says.

"No problem," I say quickly and rush out of the kitchen.

I hear Eugene say something but I don't stop to listen, I need to find Josh, fast. I didn't know why but I just know that I need to.

I go to the main hall, to the corners but no one is there. I go to the recreational room next, looking at the sea of faces, most drunk and try to find Josh but to no avail.

I send him a text,

Me: Where are you now?

But there is no reply.

My heart pounds in my chest and I run up to my room. He is no where else in the house, where else would he be.

I take a deep breath, turning the knob slowly and I see him. Drunk Josh with another girl, both naked, not just any girl though, I'm pretty sure it is his 'ex'.

Just then, I am pulled away by someone else. I don't want to care who it is, I am absolutely distraught, broken in half, and I am even madder at myself for the fact that I had almost given myself to him just a day ago and the fact that I was going to give myself to him today just made me want to throw up.

He pulls me away from my room, to another room. I just about manage to make out the name on the chalkboard before I enter the room, "Eugene".