Chapter 30: Swollen Hand

Eugene: Hey

Eugene: Can you help me with my work?

Eugene: I can't really write so...

Me: yah

Me: I'll help

Eugene: I'll come over to the mansion?

Me: Yup okay

I make my way down to the main room, excitement bubbling at my opportunity to see him again. I see Norris seating on the chair eating some snacks and I go to join him.

"Hello," he greets with a smile and types something into his phone quickly, glancing up at me with a smirk plastered on his face. Suspicion radiating off him.

"Who was that?"

"Oh... No one."

Yup, definitely suspicious but I don't push further. Soon I received a text from Eugene.

Eugene: I'm here

At his words, I rush to the door to open it for him. I smooth out my hair and tidy my clothes before opening the door.

"How'd you get here so fast." I ask him as I move aside to let him in. His hand still looked swollen with purple and dark blue patches, "How's your hand?"

"Oh, well... I was already on my way here when I started texting you - I was at the gate when I started texting you and my hand is as good as it can be.

"Okay, why did you text me though, if you were already here?" I asked with a chuckle.

He merely shrugged with his cute smile and we went up to my room. He put his backpack on the floor, against the door and pulled out a thick lime green folder and a thick textbook. He sets them down on my desk and opens his flipping to the back where he keeps his lined paper.

He motions for me to sit down and I do, pointing at a small section of text, he instructs me to copy a section for him on the paper which he already had some notes on. I nodded my head and started writing while he settles on my bed.

"How come you only have so little work,"

"I only had one class today," he says after a while.

"You write kinda slow," he comments, watching me.

"Well, you can finish writing this then," I say and point an accusing finger at him as I turn to look at him. "Too bad you can't though because you broke your hand." I say teasingly before I continue writing.

"Yeah I can."

"How?" I say as I whizz around in my chair to face him again.

"I can get someone else to do it," he says smartly.

"Well, then, I'm not doing this anymore," I reply, trying to be angry but unable to wipe the smirk off my face.

"Oh... C'mon. Just finish the one part and I'll go."

"Okay... As you wish." I say courteously and continue writing.

I fill up the page quickly and flip over to the next page to continue, but something stops me. On the first line:

Will you go one a date with me?

I look at him with a little surprise at first but the answer quickly settles itself. However, I'll play a little trick on him first. He glances up at me and I try my best to carpet anger over my expressions and it seems to work because he bolts right up.

"Out," I say, pointing at the door before he can say anything.

"What?" he says, a bewildered expression on his face.