Chapter 15: Pool

It's the middle of the week now, Wednesday which is my favourite day because I only have two classes and I am off for the rest of the day. I sit in my room after my classes and do my homework. As I finished it up, a message popped up, a video call with Emily and Rose.

"Hey girls, we haven't done this in a while,"

"Yeah," Rose and I agreed.

"Anything special lately?"

"Jordan and I went on a date," Rose started.

"Where to?" I asked.

"We went to one of those cute gardens, it was really cute."

"Aww..."

"Did you do anything?" Emily asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Emily,"

"Come on you guys have been dating for a year now,"

"It's just not our thing," she explained, "What about you Camilla, you and Josh are a thing now right?"

"Yeah, we went out on a movie date on Saturday,"

"What movie?" Rose asked.

"Um... I think it was 'the fault in our suns' "

"That's a sad one,"

"Yeah, did you cry on his shoulder?" Emily proposed.

"No..."

"Well, did you guys do anything romantic?"

"Well yeah, we did kiss."

"A little?"

I gave them a nod and a shrug in return when I got a notification from Josh.

"I got a text from Josh, I'll talk to you girls later." I told them and said goodbye.

The last thing I heard was Emily saying 'love birds', which led me to laugh as I opened up Josh's text.

Josh: Hey!

Me: Hi

Josh: Want to hang out?

Me: Sure thing!

Josh: I'll be over in ten

Me: Where are you taking me this time

Josh: Over to my place

Me: What about your ex?

Josh: She has classes till late, we can spend the afternoon together, what do you say?

Me: Okay! I'll go get ready

Josh: See you babe

Me: :)

I throw on a cute white top and jean shorts and slip into some sandals.

In less than ten minutes, I hear the honking of a car and rush down the stairs to meet Josh.

I run over to him and give him a hug, burying my head into his t-shirt to take in his scent.

"Hey,"

"Hi," I answer and we get into his car.

It is a short drive down the road to where he lives and soon enough, we have arrived.

I still remember the place when we TPed it that night but this time, I am not intruding or trespassing...

The house is just as I remembered it, just a little messier with papers strewn over the coffee table and a few small stacks on the dining table but there isn't anything particularly different.

He leads me to his room which is not what I had imagined. The room is decorated with many posters stuck to the wall and there are piles of clothes next to the door.

"Sorry, it's kind of messy,"

"It's okay," I reply and take a seat on the carpeted floor.

"What do you want to do?" he asks, as he takes a seat next to me.

I shrug in reply and he moves closer to me, opening his legs so that his legs were beside me.

"Can you swim?"

"Why do you ask?"

His face lights up and he drags me up from the floor. We go out through the back door to where the pool is.

He immediately jumps into the pool with a big splash, causing water to fly everywhere.

"Come in, the water is nice." He says as he slides off his shirt and throws it over to where I am standing.

I slide into the pool, not able to contain the smile on my face.

As I touch the floor of the pool, I realize that Josh has surrounded me, his hands on the walls of the pool, his hands surrounding me.

He looks at me up and down, my white shirt sticking to my skin. He traces the outline of my light pink bra and slowly leans in to kiss me. I don't want to wait so I just pressed my lips against his.

He is surprised at first but returns the kiss. Moving his arms so that they are around me and I am completely trapped in his arms. He pulls me closer to him, only our wet clothes separating us.

Our kiss gets heated but all of a sudden, he has his hands on my hips and lifts me up, so that I am sitting on the ledge of the pool.

I move away and pull him up from the pool. We start another kiss that don't break until we are in his room again.

We are still dripping pool water onto the carpet floor of his room, the only sound echoing off the walls is our heavy breathing.

Then, he presses his lips to my skin, leaving light and feathery kisses.

When he is done, he brings his lips, against my lips and holds me by my hips, walking us to his bathroom.

He pushes me against the wall of his shower, not turning it on and with a little kiss on my cheek, he leaves the bathroom.

He comes back with one of his t-shirts, pants and a towel, "Take a shower," he says in a low voice and leaves, closing the door behind him.

*****

I reach back at the mansion as the sun started to lower behind the mansion and the sky looks as if it is painted with a sunset. I step into the mansion and make a beeline for my room to change.

I am still wearing the clothes that Josh had handed to me, my wet clothes in a paper bag. He had given me a big dark blue t-shirt to wear and I'm not sure how the guys will react to it, let alone Cameron.

But it isn't my lucky day today, as I reach my room, a Cameron emerged from his room. I was hoping that I would be able to slip past him but Cameron did not think that that should happen.

As soon as he sees me he said, "Wait."

However, his voice isn't angry or forced like what I imagined it to be, so instead of rushing into my room, I stopped short and looked at him.

"I know that I haven't been the best brother in the world lately and we haven't been talking lately and I hate that. I'm sorry... I'm sorry that I have been such a huge arse and I just hope that we could just be the twins that we used to be? Will you forgive me Cami?" he asks with uncertainty.

I take a step forward to him, and give him a peck on his cheek, "Of course I forgive you Cam, you're my twin! How can I ignore you forever?" I exclaim.

And we give each other a big hug and everything between us felt right again, or as right as it could.