Chapter 25: Arcade

"Camilla?"

"What is it?"

"We're going out, want to join?"

I immediately hopped up and rushed to the door, excited that I had a good reason to stop studying now.

"Where are we going?" I asked Malcolm.

"We are going to my favourite burger place and then Nowell wants us to go to the arcade."

"Awesome, I'll be ready in five," I said and turned around and headed for my closet to find a change of clothes. I decided on a dark blue shirt and a skirt that fell right above my knees.

I tied up my hair and took my purse and went down the stairs.

I had been studying since morning and I needed a break, going to the arcade was the best thing I have heard all day, where the place is dominated by games.

Once everyone was ready, we took the cars out and went out. Since Eugene was no longer here, we took two cars, and I slid into the back of Cameron's car, being sandwiched by Malcolm and Trent.

We reached the place shortly, it was like a little diner and there was a lit up sign on the top of the building which read, 'Ben's Burgers''.

Cameron parked the car and we got out of it, grouping up at the entrance of the diner.

"Table for 10 please," Malcolm said to the waiter.

She grabbed a few menus and led us to a booth near the back. I took a seat next to Malcolm and Cameron slid in after me.

They passed the menus around and I took a glance at it. The place had all sorts of things and by that, I mean all sorts of burgers. It was like burger heaven.

"Which one should I get?" I asked Malcolm.

"You should get this one," he said, pointing to a good sized burger, underneath the picture read, 'Porky Burger'. It had all the normal stuff but also an egg and pulled pork in it.

"While you're at it," Malcolm said as he lifted up the menu from my hands, "You should try one of their shakes," he suggested and flipped it to a page which was lined with drinks. He put it back in my hands and I scanned through the page, my eyes settling on the chocolate caramel shake.

We made our order and while waiting, conversations started and a conversation that was started with me was with Cameron.

"Hey Camilla,"

"Hi,"

"How are you?"

"Fine,"

"Why are you like that?" He whispered to me.

I thought for a while but couldn't come up with an appropriate answer so I ignored him. He was about to ask again but the waitress came with our food. We passed around the burgers and I took a good bite out of mine, it was amazing.

"Do you like it?" Malcolm asks.

"Yes, this is awesome,"

"Glad you like it," he says, pleased with himself and nods as he takes a bite out of his own burger.

The drinks come and I take a sip out of my shake, expecting amazing flavour but instead I meet with a brain freeze. I suppose I made a face because Malcolm asks sadly if I don't like it. I tell him that it was just a brain freeze and he laughs nodding understandingly.

"Brain freezes are the worst," he says before taking a sip of his own drink.

"What's that?" Cameron asks, gesturing to my drink.

"Chocolate caramel shake," I reply as I take another sip, "Want to try?" I offer.

"Yeah," he says and I move it to him so that he can try it.

He takes a big gulp and I get ready for his reaction from a brain freeze which arrives exactly one second after he pushes the drink back to me.

I let out a small chuckle at his reaction to the brain freeze.

"People say that twins are similar in many ways, I'm a twin and I didn't even know twins would make the same face when they had a brain freeze." Nowell said which made us erupt with laughter, even Cameron gave out a few chuckles.

Cameron was my twin, how could I be mad at my own twin for this long?

We finish our food, pay the bill and we were on the road again, this time, to the arcade. Apparently there is this sick arcade that has tons of games and is pure amazing, well, at least that is what Nowell makes it out to be.

We arrive shortly well, not exactly. Nowell directs Cameron to pull up to the side of a street which was very much deserted. By now, the sun was setting and the place felt eerily silent. Most shops were already clothes and there wasn't a shadow in sight. To the other car pulled up behind ours and Nowell leads the way. We walk a few blocks down the street when Nowell comes to a stop. The shop was miraculously open, light coming from under the door which looked to be made of stone. It felt as if we were doing something illegal like doing drugs or something but Nowell entered the shop and the rest of us followed suit, including me.

We go in and I can barely believe my eyes. Inside is the land of arcade machines. Nowell brings some tickets for each of us and we run around like little children, deciding which game to play first

"Cam?" I call as I walk towards him.

"Yeah?" he replies as he whizzes around to face me, he has a bright smile on his face.

"Let's play a game together?"

"Okay, which one?"

"You pick."

He walks over to a game and I immediately nod.

Playing a game with Cameron again felt so right, it reminded me of when we were younger and Dad used to bring us to the arcade every weekend. The tradition soon faltered though because school started getting more intense and we started spending more time with friends.

"I miss this," Cameron says when the game was over, I guess he was thinking about the same things I was.

"Yeah, we should do stuff like this more often," I say and he agrees. Stuff was getting back on track, awesome.