Chapter 13: One More Week

I wake up with the sun shining down on my face. I am back in my bed at mansion pearce, what happened last night?

I looked around and realise that I was still in last night's clothes and my room is just as it was when I left yesterday except for my bag that is by the door.

I sit up and feel an ache on my head. My eyes fall onto a note that is on my bedside table.

"Hey Camilla, glad you're awake. Sorry if your head hurts, I sort of bumped your head on the wall while I was carrying you up the steps. Josh drove you here after your date so I took you up to your room. Please change into something else or you are going too stink!

-Eugene"

I smile at the note and go to change, just as the note tells me too. As I am taking a shower, my thoughts wonder over what happened last night with me and Josh, then my thoughts wander over to a question, what was Eugene doing up so late at night?

I go down to the kitchen for breakfast where Eugene is with his phone, but instead of looking at it, he is staring off to space.

"Hey,"

"Oh, hi, didn't see you there. Does your head hurt?"

"Um... Yes but it only hurts a little. I'm okay."

"Okay, good,"

"Why were you up so late last night?" I blurt out.

The question catches him off guard and he is silent for a while, fingers wrapping around his cup before he answers, "I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up." He says with a shrug.

I nodd at his answer as Ann comes up to me, "What would you like for breakfast today dear? Is toast okay?"

"Yup, that's fine. Thanks Ann."

As Ann goes along making some toast, I speak to Eugene.

"Thanks for helping me yesterday."

"Oh... It was nothing, I was awake anyway."

Ann places a cup of hot chocolate, a staple for me now, and I take a large sip.

"Is it really that good?"

"Yeah it is! I love hot chocolate."

"If you think that that's good, you should try the coffee." He says, pushing the mug towards me.

"If I try the coffee will you try the hot chocolate?"

He considers my offer for a moment, "Sure, it's a deal," he says.

We take each others' cups and take a sip.

"It's not bad," I say, surprised.

"Yeah, this is good, but I still want mine,"

"Same here," I say and we give each other back our cups.

When I look up at Eugene again, I realise that he has chocolate foam around his lips and I can't help but burst out laughing.

"What?" he says utterly confused as to why I am doubling over with laughter.

I point to his lips and try to control my laughter, but to be fair, he looks absolutely ridiculous.

"You should go look at the mirror with your chocolate foam moustache." I chuckle.

Eugene goes on to furiously wipe his mouth with his hands, "Is it still there?"

"Yup!" I say and continued laughing.

I guess Eugene had enough of my laughing and asks Ann instead.

"No, it's gone now," she tells Eugene when he asks her.

"Camilla! God dammit, now I have to get you back."

"Now, don't be mean Eugene, you did look ridiculous," Ann says and I give her a high-five as she placed my toast on the table.

My phone vibrates, I got a message from Josh.

Josh: I'm almost done, just one more week k

I'm confused. One more week? For what?

Me: What do you mean?

Josh: Oops

Josh: Sorry wrong chat

That is odd...

"Hey, what's wrong? You're doing it again."

"Doing what?" I say, my attention back on Eugene.

"You're touching your ear lobe again,"

"Oh..." I say, he caught me doing it again.

"It's nothing, Josh just sent a message to the wrong chat," I tell him even though I know that it isn't nothing, it is definitely something.

I continue nibbling at my toast when I hear a loud voice, "Who wants out?" Nowell shouts.

Eugene and I immediately perk up and go to the mansion's lobby.

"Where to?" Trent asks.

"Let's go for a group outing guys! That'll be fun." Alan says.

"Yeah, we haven't been out together in a while." Wilfred agrees.

"Let's go to the bowling club," Nowell announces.

"Are we calling Josh along?" Malcolm askes.

"We'll just tell him where we are, he can come if he wants to," Cameron says.

"Alright, let's get in the cars!" Nowell says.

We go into the cars again, it has been a while since all of us left for the same place together, and we haven't been on a 'trip' together since the TP incident.

I get into the front seat of the car next to Eugene and we set off today, except this time, to the bowling alley.