Chapter 6: Bruised

A dim light fills the air causing everyone to be silent. Everyone clears away from the house and scurries over the fence. What was happening?

"Camilla! Move or we are going to get caught," Eugene whispers quickly to me, dragging me away from the open area and to the fence.

I snap out of my daze and follow him over the fence where the rest of the guys are. Light is still coming out from the house from our left and we need to get out of here, fast. We line up in our groups with Tony's group in the front, my group in the middle and Nowell's group at the back. First, the trio move to their car and drive off, back to the mansion. Next, Nowell, Trent, Malcolm and Cameron run off to their car moving swiftly down the road.

Our car is on the left of the house which means that we need to go past the house. We run past the front of the house one by one. They make little to no noise when they go past the house. I scurry across softly when it is my turn, until my legs hit the concrete floor.

And I hear the door swing open.

I don't look up. All I do is pray that he doesn't notice the toilet paper thrown all over the house.

"Oh my god," I first hear him say.

I guess he saw the toilet paper...

"Are you alright?" he asks me.

So did he see the TP?

I feel him hold me up and carry me into the house. He lies me on a couch and puts ice on my leg. I wince as I try to sit up but when I do, I see a boy helping me put ice on my leg and rubbing medicine oil on my bruised leg. I never knew that a bruise could hurt so much.

"Can you walk?" he asks after a while.

I get up from the couch and walk around for a bit before resuming my seat, "It's okay, I can walk."

After a leg message from him, I get up from my seat and walk to the door when he says, "Come on, I'll give you a ride."

He walks me to his car and for a while, there is silence as we sit in the car.

"I know the boys TP'ed the house, that's what I get in Nowell's book I suppose." He says with a sigh and starts the engine.

"Why did you ditch them?"

"I had to. The guys, they don't exactly like me, they ignored me most of the time, didn't really do much with me, excluded me at parties. I didn't want to deal with that in college you know, start fresh. So I ditched them, went to live with my girl. They TPing the house is exactly what I expected, a small price to pay for some respect." He ends as he stops the car in front of mansion Pearce.

I get out of the car, "Thanks for the ride," I say to him and go into the house. I go into the recreational room and see Nowell, Noriss, Oliver and Eugene in the room.

"Camilla!" Eugene says when he spotted me.

"Thank god you're back if not someone would ask me to go back to find you," Nowell says.

Eugene came up and hugged me, "I'm glad you're okay," he says with a smile.

I smile back at him, "Where's Cameron?" I ask.

"He already went back to his room," Nowell says as he gets up and leaves the room.

I'm a little disappointed that he didn't stay up to wait for me but he is probably just tired.

"What happened to you?" Norris asks.

"I fell down, Josh brought me to his house, gave me an ice pack, drove me here."

"He didn't freak out about the house?" Norris asks.

"He did. He freaked out about it when he first opened the door.

"What did he say?" Oliver asks.

"He didn't say much," I say, as I walked out of the room, "I think I am going to bed now, goodnight guys,"

I walk out of the room and go to my room quickly as the words Josh had said circle in my head. I am definitely not telling anyone about it until I can sort through what they mean.

// thanks for reading the chapter :)