Chapter 25

Here it is

Here it is. I hope you will enjoy it:-))

Chapter 25

"Laura?" I asked him pulling out of him taking his hands off of me. He looked at me surprised and then he realized what a mistake he made. I stood up from the bed and he followed me trying to take my hand but I pulled it back. I was standing there in my underwear looking at him heartbroken.

"I am so sorry." He said shocked. I was looking at him silently. My heart beating twice the rythm it should.

"I didn't even realized." He said guiltily and I closed my eyes feeling the pain in my heart.

"That is the problem." I finally said. "You didn't even realized it. You didn't realized it because you don't love me." I said and my heart was breaking saying those words.

"I love you." He said desperately wanting to touch me but I stopped him.

"Are you sure you love me and not only the picture of your wife?" I asked him and he was silent. The silence was breaking my heart into pieces. This wasn't such a difficult question so he would have to think about the answer. But I already knew it.

"I,... "he started but didn't finished. He took a deep breath.

"I am so confused." he started and I was silently looking at him still quietely hoping his answer would be clear.

"It is so hard." He sighed shooking his head. "We were talking about Laura for the whole week with Camile and Alice. And You look so much like her." he pointed at my face while his own was full of pain. Tears started to fall onto my cheeks. "You even sound like her." he looked at the floor and went silent. The pain I felt was terrible. He really is with me only because I look like her. I can't fight with a ghost. I can't fight with her legacy.

"I don't know." He finally whispered. I closed my eyes feeling the terrible pain those three words brought to me.

"But I do know." I whispered too. "Your hesitation made it clear. " I said and he was sadly looking at me.

"How could I be so stupid to believe you could love me." I said tears falling on my cheeks. He came closer to me trying to touch me but I moved back.

"Don't touch me." I said to him painfully. I saw a tear to escape his eye.

"I am so sorry." He said painfully.

"Please leave." I said to him keeping my eyes off of him. He was just standing there for a while thinking but then he took his clothes and he stopped near me. I was looking at the floor trying to keep myself intact while he was still there.

"I am sorry." He breathed out and walked away. I sinked onto the floor and let the sorrow out of me.

I was sobbing and thinking about my stupidity. I couldn't be even mad at him. How could I? He loved his wife so much that he wanted to be with someone who resemble her. It was my stupidity to think he was with me because of me. That he could forget her. Why did I tangled myself into this when I have my own issues? Why did I let myself fall in love with him so much after so many years keeping everyone else at safe distance? With my mind full of this kind of thoughts I cried myself to sleep.