Chapter 28

Hello my lovely readers

Hello my lovely readers. I hope you will enjoy this chapter;-)

Chapter 28

Nicholas's POV

"Papa!" my angel Sofia greeted me with a huge hug when I got back home from my business trip to New York. It was a tough dealing with Mr. Lombardi. I hate all the meetings with him. First of all he is an arrogant man who only wants whats best for him and second it reminds me the time I had to go on a meeting with him when Laura and Sofia were kidnapped. I had to leave them because of him.

"Did you miss me mon ange?" I asked her giving her a kiss on her forehead.

"Of course I missed you." She replied laughing.

"How come you are not asleep already?" I asked her furrowing. It was way past her bedtime.

"I wanted to see you before I go to bed." She replied giving me a sweet smile.

"Okay. I take that." I smirked. How can I be mad about that? Honestly her smile just made my day much better.

"So tell me, what you have been doing while I was gone?" I asked her as we were coming to the living room where Chloe was waiting for us.

"Hey." She greeted me nervously. I came to her and kissed her on her cheek while Sofia started talking excitedly.

"My friend Jessica from my English class invited me to her house yesterday. And also today we visited Angie on the set!" she said excited and my heart squeezed at the mention of her name. After my stupid mistake of calling her Laura I was trying to reach her but she didn't take my calls. I know I don't deserve her forgivness. I hurt her feelings so bad. Even when I know something is going on in her life which I don't know about. But I certainly should know what my feelings are. I love her. That is for sure. But her question if I love her for her or because she looks like Laura surprised me so much. I really didn't know the answer. Because when I look at her and when I am with her I feel like in Laura's presence. Even tough I know she is not her.

"Oh you did?" I looked at Chloe surprised and she looked at me guiltily. I didn't told Sofia about our break up. Only Chloe knew and of course I got a preaching from her. Well I deserved that.

"Yes. It was incroyable." She said excited but her fatique got to her and she made a big yawn.

"I bet it was. But how about you go to bed and you will tell me more tomorrow?" I told her when I saw how tired she was. She just smiled at me and shrugged.

"Ok papa. I am glad you are back home. Bonne nuit." She said and came to me for her kiss for good night.

"Bonne nuit mon ange." I replied after kissing her on her forehead. I am very lucky man I have such incredible daughter. Laura would be so proud of her.

"Thank you for taking care of her." I told to Chloe when Sofia walked upstairs and she just nodded.

I sinked into the sofa exhausted resting my head in my hands.