Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"But you told me it was an opening night?" I said

"I know I did. It is an opening night. But only for the two of us." he said and smiled at me with his incredibly beautiful smile which caused my knees bend a little.

"I thought that maybe with your hectic social life you would welcome something more private." he said and I smiled.

"You have no idea how correct you are." I said as I was actually tired of the social gatherings and all the stares. I never enjoyed the events because every time people wanted to take a picture with me.

"Oh. I'm glad you are not mad at me." he laughed.  "Leo told me more about his paintings so I could answer your questions. He hopes you will like it." he said as we were coming to the wall with first paintings. There were abstract paintings of people walking in the park, the city, on the boat. There was a picture of a man sitting behind the table at the office. He was looking busy but his face was sad and in pain. I was starring at the painting a little bit longer because I couldn't figure it out. It was an abstract painting too.

"Is it?" I started but stopped and looked at Nicholas.

"Yes. It is me." he said and he walked to the next wall of paintings without an explanation. The painting was heart breaking. It was so sad. The pain in his face. I didn't ask more and I continued walking around to the next wall behind him. He really knew more about the paintings so when I asked he actually explained them. Leo is incredibly talented and I found at least two paintings I could buy.

We came to the last wall. There were portraits on this one. This time I was looking at the picture of a young man with a huge smile. He was surrounded with purple and white color. I had to smile when I saw his smile. He looked so happy.

"That is Bruno. My brothers boyfriend." I looked at him surprised. "Yes he is gay." He said and was looking at me curious.

"I am not judging. I am just surprised." I said

"Well I was actually a bit judgmental at first." he said sadly.

"But now you are not?" I asked.

"Not anymore. I am really proud of my brother and I am proud of him for being open about his sexuality." He smiled. We continued to the next portrait. It was Sofia. She looked as she was running and laughing. It reminded me so much the time in Africa when we were chaising each other.

"She is so beautiful." I smiled. "He really got her personality in this picture." I said.

"Yes he did." I looked at him as he smiled lovingly on the picture.

"I can tell you adore her." I said.

"She is my world." he replied still smiling.

We went to another picture and I looked at it surprised. It was me with orange and white colors around my face. I was smiling and looking into a distance.