Chapter 36

As promised sooner then usually another chapter here

As promised sooner then usually another chapter here.:-)

Chapter 36

Nicholas's POV

"Laura!" I called as someone was already dragging me from her.

"Sir we need to help her. Please let us inside of the car!" Some guy said and I was already looking at them from a far as one paramedic man walked inside of the car instead of me with a first aid kit and some firefighters were trying to open the door on drivers side. I was numb as I watched them to rip out the door and help her. With haze I was looking at the rescue scene praying she will be okay.

"She is not breathing!" I heard one of them and I tought I will pass out right on the spot. My hands cold and shaky as I was standing there frozen to the spot. This can't be happening again. She can't die. We just got her back. The memory from five years ago resurfaced as I watched in horror how a boat with a woman with bag on her head who looked from distance like Laura blew up into the air.

"Go get the defibrillator!" The paramedic called at his colleague and I watched him as he quickly run to the ambulance grabbing some bag and quickly returning back to the wreckage. Meanwhile I saw as one of the firefighters somehow freed Lauras leg and the paramedics quickly but carefully put her on the first aid bed and they immediately started to perform CPR. I came closer. I needed to be with her. They put a support collar on her neck. Blood was still leaking from her forehead down through her cheek to her neck. She had an oxygen mask on as the guys were pushing on her chest trying to restart her heart. Another paramedic charged the defibrillator.

"Clear." The other one said and took a step back as he put the defibrillator on her chest and her body shook.

"Nothing." One of them said as I was watching the scene with horror. This can't end like this. This is not the time. I had another chance with her and I blew it? What if this was just one more chance and that's it? No. I will not let this happen again.

"Come on Laura!" I called out taking her hand. "Don't leave us again! We just got you back. You can't leave us. You have to fight. Please don't leave us." I was sobbing next to her. But her lifeless body was not responding to another electric shock. In that moment I would do anything. I would change my heart for hers. I would run under the car myself to exchange my life for hers.

"Sofia needs you." I was crying my tears were falling on her cold hand. "I need you." I was whispering caressing her hair. "We need you Laura. Please stay with us." I cried. The paramedics were again performing a CPR.

"Again." The paramedic said and they repeated the routine one more time. Her body shook and then I heared as the beeping from the machine finally started.

"Thank god!" I exclaimed taking a big breath kissing her hand tightly.

"We got her." The paramedic said. "We need to take her to the hospital as quickly as possible. It looks like she has an internal bleeding. She has to go immediately to the surgery. If we will not get there on time there is a possibility she will not make it." He told me when I watched as they quickly packed up their things and then run to the ambulance with her. I run to my car and I followed the ambulance to the hospital.