[1] House

CHAPTER I

Creepy

I find myself standing in the room, alone. The only source of light came from a small table lamp, barely illuminating the entirety of the room.There's no one else here. As I look around, I notice a huge cupboard in front of me, along with a study table with several piles of paper stacked on top of it. I also notice a small window beside the cupboard, covered with dust and almost completely opaque. I don't know where I was, standing all by my lonesome surrounded by unfamiliar surroundings. I knew that I'd never seen this place before because nothing seemed familiar. Still confused, I walk towards the window in front of me, hoping to perhaps recognise the outside scenery. As I walk over, I wonder how I even ended up in such a creepy room, never having been anywhere as ominous as this before really freaked me out. When I reached the window I used the palm of my hand to wipe away the dust so that I can see through it. Before I can look out, I get the sudden feeling as though someone were standing right behind me. I stand completely still, far too afraid to turn around and face whoever stood behind me. After a few moments, I hear a set of footsteps come closer and a hand touching my neck. The hand felt cold - so cold so that it sent chills throughout my entire body. With one burst of courage, I decide to whip around, and as I'm about to turn around, I hear this loud voice, shouting something at me that I can barely understand, making me stop dead in my tracks. I jerk up in my bed, breathing heavily and the adrenaline fuming out of me. I looked around in confusion, coming to one final conclusion: It was just a dream.I recognise my mom's shouting coming from downstairs from my dream, telling me to wake up. I realise just how late I've woken, so I hurry and get myself ready. Afterall, today is the big day; we are moving into our new home today.

"Emma Maria Calder, you are going to help your sister's pack up their clothes," my mother says calling me by my full name, which I hate the most.

My mom is always excited when we move to a new house. We do this at least once every year, and sometimes, within a month, Dad gets transferred again. Truthfully speaking, his job is more transfers than it is work. I'm normal, and not at all contributing to any of the work. I hate when our half of the vacation goes in packing the stuff instead of enjoying it with friends. Though I have started accepting my life due to my sudden interest in cameras and photography.

So the time when we shifted over here, I had decided to not to shift my clothes to the closet from the boxes, saving me from loads of work.

I head toward my sisters' room. All three of them are way too excited, as vacations are going on and we are going to be moving into a new home again as the house we were living was quiet small than the house we shift into.

Nina, the youngest of us all, sees me standing there. She is so sweet and the prettiest face I have ever seen, she is the one that once you saw can never forget her. Her face is round, slightly lighter than ivory with a rose-colored tint to her cheeks. Her small brown eyes that are always lively and sparkled with bliss when she smiles.

Next is Charlotte. She is a year older than Nina. She is much taller than her age and always confident about her everything she does. My parents adopted both of them and now we are like a big family. When they first came into our life, they were just babies, and we easily got attached to them.

The middle one is Madeline. she is 20 and the evil one. We easily get into fights, but at the end of the day, we are best sisters. Then it is me and after that, it's our oldest brother, Avon. He is the best, even though we both fight a lot. Avon is only a year older than me. But he always acts like he is my guardian, my defender. Maybe it's because he likes to be the one who always gets to command me around, or controls me. But I guess he only does that because he adores us, and he has grown up learning how to protect his sisters as he is the only brother we have.

I look after the brown boxes and other stuff surroundings them indicating it was time to leave our old home, I look around the walls which once were filled with are family frames now just empty with the plain color.

Once all the bags and boxes are being packed up and brought down, I help Avon and Dad put them in the truck.

After taking one last look at our old house, we get ourselves in the backseat of the truck.

Once again, another journey begins to our new home, but this time there is some uneasiness some unknown feeling which is disturbing.

The truck comes to the stop in front of our new home. Whenever we move from one place to another, sometimes our home would be small. Other times, it would be big or small, but no need to describe the current accommodation as this one is a freaking mansion, the surrounding land swarmed with a lot of trees. This new place is so nice. There are even a small garden and a swing on the land. In front of the mansion, there is a fountain where a woman has been sculpted.

This is the first time I'm actually excited to explore my new home. Avon is busy listening to his iPod, Mom and my sisters are awestruck like me, and Dad is talking with some middle-aged man, the landlord, maybe. I took out my camera capturing the first picture of our new home, thought it looks little old and kind of vintage from outside but it's great for amazing clicks.

After seeing the swing, Nina runs toward it. I help her and Charlotte sit on it.

Madeline is enjoying herself, taking selfies on her phone.

So everyone is mesmerized by this mansion. I decide to take a proper look, so I walk toward the fountain.The sculpture is beautifully sculpted. When I look up, a pair of real eyes is staring at me. I'm scared to look up again, but I when I work up the courage to take a look, the sculpture is back to normal. There are no human eyes. How could that be possible? I looked up at the sculpture properly, they are not real eyes but if glance suddenly looks like a real one; it gives you the feeling that it is not a sculpture of any woman but a woman itself.

We enter our home. The inside is spotless. The ceilings are incredibly tall as if a king had previously lived here. A brown leathered couch sits in the living room. At the other end of the room, a fireplace rests, paintings hung neatly above it. There's a long staircase that leads to the upper region of the house.

The kitchen is near the living room. I can see mom enjoying herself there. Dad enters with the man that had been standing with him outside.

"Mrs. Julia, hope you like the home," he says with enthusiasm in his voice. "I'm George Stefano, the owner of this house," he introduces himself to us.

We all greet him, but I'm still in a daze.

"Now I think I must leave this house to you, enjoy yourselves," says Mr. Stefano before he leaves.

We all go up to see our bedrooms. There are five bedrooms on this floor and another five bedrooms on the second floor. This house is really bigger than what I thought--a total of ten bedrooms. Who needs ten rooms in today's world?

Mom allows us each one room. Avon selects his own room, the last room near the window. I'm given the room opposite to Avon's, Madeline is given a room beside me, and Charlotte and Nina share a room. Mom and dad choose the room near the staircase so we all are on the same floor.
Dad decides to use the second floor for his study area, as there is a library on that floor, as the second floor of the house still needs to be clean and arranged.

I am most excited to see the library than the rest of our new home.

I'm really exhausted, so I decide to take my mansion tour tomorrow.

COTE! (COMMENT & VOTE)

©ClaireS27