[22] Her

CHAPTER XXII

HER

  My head hurt too much, my body hurt too much. It seemed that everything hurt too much. Slowly, my senses started to send reports back to my brain. Madeline's head attached to hammer blood surrounding her body. 

Anger, shock, hurt, numb, I was not knowing what exactly I was feeling at the current moment at one point I was happy few seconds ago that nothing happened to James and now Madeline's was lying in a pool of blood, her face was covered with blood, her body lifeless and still.

I was angry at myself, angry because I couldn't save Maddie, she killed Maddie, my head was spinning due to a lot of happenings in one day but the mystery was still unsolved, my sister died, Nina and Charlotte disappeared and I haven't seen Avon since I had entered in past. 

I was all to blame, I should have already convinced my parents about all the spooky events happening in the house, I was at fault she has shown me my future but still, I didn't do anything.

I was ashamed was myself, everything around me was blood, blood, and more blood and that was it. I was going to end with losing all of my loved ones.

I was missing mom and dad I don't know when they will be coming back and save us from getting hurt,  my mind has gone through all the emotions and memories which alerted me to go away from this house, away from this haunted place.

But my one belief of such things never exist kept me curious and know I lost my sister. Deep inside I was hurt and a small piece of me was already dead seeing Madeline.

The raging anger was rising inside me as I came back to my senses, I wanted to know why she killed Maddie, I wanted to know who was doing this and why I wanted to know all the history about this house and I was not going to stop this time, I was scared of losing one more of my family. I was knowing I was not having more time with me.

"Emma", James' voice made me look at his concerned face, what just happened had made me shatter inside, how I was going to handle myself.

I didn't talk for a while and James stayed quiet looking at me closing and opening his eyes and making me avoid my gaze in Maddie's  direction.

"We... should start searching for clues", saying this I got up making James look at me in amusement.

He didn't say anything for a while.

I walk back towards the shelf when I remembered how Maddie jumps on me from up, making my gaze directly go towards the roof, and I saw her my legs started to tremble as I screamed loudly was I actually seeing her, for the first time. Even throughout the gap, I could see her giving me the sinful smile.

James quickly looks up dragging me back to the door, but it was locked, he banged his hands on it but no use as it remains stuck

The rooms red light which I now notice coming from the small bulbs and lubricants now started to go on and off finally stopping and invading us in darkness, it was hard to see around.

I got hold of James' hand, I could hear the footsteps moving above me, she was walking towards us we underneath her, only the above ceiling separating us when the voice of steps stopped and the light came back making my orbs once again adjust the light around me.

"Jame..." my voice got stuck in my throat when I saw whose hand I was holding, my throat went dry as I start trying to free myself.

She was holding my hand tightly her white ghostly eyes wanting me to run away from her, she was a clutching my hand her long nails plunging inside my skin.

"Leave me," I said whining when she disappeared from the front of me.

"Emma, open the door," James' voice was coming from outside.

How did he reach over theirs?

I tried unlocking the door but it was of no use as it was not barging out.

  The lights above start to flicker like an old movie reel,  I don't just see the bulb flicker, I hear it too.  All I know is I don't want to be in here when the light goes out. 

When I turned back to see the bulb which was helping in glowing the room, I saw the hanging body of lady moving from left to right. 

NO, NO, NO, I don't want to see her.

I have never seen death of anyone till now, today I was suffering from several things which I can't even describe, first Serena then Madeline and now this lady

"James, please get me out from here", I cried banging my fist on the door in return my knuckles were bleeding the pain spreading all over my hands.

"Roses, Roses red roses now turning into black ones, roses roses red roses get ready to die soon", her voice resounded with her wicked laughs echoing in my ears.

©ClaireS27

Don't forget to hit the starbutton before closing this book,

👇