[8] Getting away

CHAPTER VIII

Getting away

I got a big surprise when I woke up in the morning. We were going in the city--like in a real city, away from the house! PERMANENTLY & FINALLY, I was going to be free.

I had done dancing, jumping, and a whole lot of fist pumping in my mind.

"Back to earth Emma." Madeline's voice interrupted my joyful and free thoughts.

"Let's pack all the stuff, where you had kept your suitcase, let me help you in packing, and then I will-" Madeline didn't let me complete my babbling.

"Wait...What are you talking about Emma? We're gone for one day, why do you have to pack your bags?" She asked me with the confused look.

"One day, what do you mean by one day, we are going away from here right?"

Yes, we are but mom and dad have this office work and the office is providing the stay for the whole family, Dad and Mom are taking us, so we could enjoy ourselves, Madeline completed her saying in one breath.

So here we are going to come back once again in this place.

****

Dad, mom had taken the office car with Nina and Charlotte with them while Avon, James, Madeline and I sat in the other car which Avon was going to drive.

James sat beside driver seat making me leaving me and Madeline sit at the back of the car.

So our city journey began leaving the house and my worried thoughts behind.

It felt so good to be out of that home, finally, I felt like I can breathe when we cross the board showing that we left the downtown, and we are heading towards the city.

Dad and mom were going to an important meeting in the city, lots of people were on the street it felt so good to see different people surrounding me as if telling me that I'm safe over here.

While dad and mom going to drop Nina and Charlotte in kids section in the hotel, we decided to explore the city and eat a lot of unhealthy food.

Avon stopped his car near the pub, making me confuse what he has in his mind.

Why are we over here? I asked while Madeline was jumping like a maniac.

To get wasted! , Avon said stretching his voice.

And who is going to drive us back? I asked Avon.

We are going to stay in a hotel and tomorrow we have to drive back home, and dad has already given me the room keys Avon said while showing two keys in front of us.

Shut up Emma let's enjoy today, afterward, we will see what to do! Madeline said while hopping out of the car and dragging me with her.

It's not like I don't want to be here but whatever is happening in that house makes me want to go in a good place and rest myself up for a little bit but I can't explain this to my crazy brother and sister.

As soon as we entered the loud music welcomed us with the smell of drinks and alcohol coming from the whole place, the floor was filled with young crowd dancing in the middle, the blue and neon lights were making it hard to see the people around me half of the crowd was drunk and enjoying themselves on the beats.

When I look beside to ask Madeline what was she planning to do she was already gone, looks like I myself have to find something to do.

I went towards the bar counter and ordered myself a glass of lemon juice I know my brother and sister would be pretty drunk at the end leaving me to be their ride.

I saw Avon and James sitting with the group of high school going crowd at the corner. Avon was having a good time with the new friends.

And there was Madeline with the glass of tequila shots in her both hands gulping it down at her very own speed and joining the dance floor swaying her body in her own style.

I went towards Avon and dragged him in the corner,

How much time are you going to take? I asked him loudly over the loud music.

We just entered Emma! He said tapping his feats on weekend's, "In the night" playing.

I'm going out to take fresh air, we will meet after one hour, I said him.

But Avon didn't care what I was telling him and went back by just nodding his head.

I went outside taking a deep breath and inhaling fresh air. I Could still hear the music outside.

Thinking where to go, I choose right side to explore this place by myself.

I saw a Burger stall and thought to grab one.
Taking the burger and walking on the empty road I thought to go back as this part was pretty quiet.

I must have walked towards the left side I thought for a second.

When I was going to walk walking back at the club I saw a girl blocking my way by standing in front of me giving me a smile.

Her approaching footsteps clip-clopped down the silent road, making me clench my fist tightly, something was wrong about her as the vibes I was getting from her were making my heart pound faster.

She was now standing just in front of me her lips corner lifting up in ghostly smile, her eyes deep dark saying that

She walked towards me, something is dangerous about her, her whole dress up was like a haunted aura wearing all black and carrying a green umbrella, that was the weirdest thing who carries an umbrella at night time.

"Hi Emma," She asked looking in my eyes hypnotizing me, one more thing I noticed was her eyes were soulless.

"Do I know you?" I asked her while thinking to myself that have I seen her or it was just a hallucination.

"You don't know me but you know her, don't you so I pretty much know you,", she said while coming more closer with a scary look on her her face.

"Are you enjoying your new house, how it feels to stay with her," with every sentence she stepped more closer to me making me take few steps back.

"Who are you ?" I yelled and closed my eyes in the fear that she will harm me.

Thinking that now I'm going to die alone on this road, making me regret my decisions of leaving the club. Sweat roll down from my head, tasting salty on my lips.

As my foot hit the stone which was going to make me lose my balance soon a strong pair of hands hold me making me open my clenched eyes.

"W...what are.. you doing over here?" I asked the person who was standing in front of me with a worried look.Saying this darkness consumed me making me fall.  

I hope you enjoyed reading the chapter!

Who do you think is the person standing in front of Emma?

COTE! (COMMENT & VOTE)

©ClaireS27