BOOK 2

CHECK OUT "HEX 2" FOR MORE CHAPTERS ON MY PROFILE PAGE

CHAPTER I

"Lakewood Local news," a women's voice was filling up the room catching my attention to the commotion which was been shown on something weird and extremely terrifying thing happening in Lakewood

What interesting is there going to be when my job is at stake. What was going to happen with me when I was going to lose my job.

I took one wrong decision of bringing the most important truth in front of Lakewood people's by reopening the file which was been closed Five years ago, but my plan got backfire at me itself.

What was I thinking when I just did a single mistake by trusting Jason, I was little suspicious about him from the start but never thought he will be the one helping the real suspectors Mr. Timberlake and his family.

"Anne, Mr. Keynes had called you," Lily the receptionist called me giving the sloppy smile to me.

I stood up my hands shaking, this job was important to me, I couldn't afford to lose it.

I finally made up my mind as I stood in front of Mr. Keynes door. He was the most arrogant and rude person I have ever meet. Being in the fifties was affecting his mind, else his brain was already turning into zombie mode he had already begun to attack my brain.

Finally, I turned the knob bringing back the office smile on my face and the fake confidence, from inside I had already begun mourning.

"Ms. Scout, I thought you would have already left the office," Mr. Keynes said making the joke of me.

Old hefty Keynes, can't you see I'm standing in front of you, oh! How could?you even see when you have already left your brain to rest in peace.

But I didn't utter a word, I wanted this a job and I was not going to let it go.

"Anne, people are not interested in what has already happened in past, they want the future and something interesting. Reopening the file cases did you wanted this newspaper to be stopped?" Mr. Keynes yelled angrily tears started to form at the corner of my eyes but I didn't let them fall.

"I'm sorry Sir, I won't let that happen," I couldn't believe at myself that I was apologizing to hefty Keynes.

A single job was making me do a lot of things which I was not loving.

"There is something I can offer you for continuing to work over here," Mr. Keynes said throwing one file on the table in my direction motioning me to open it.

I took the red colored file in my cold hands, as I open it the letters "MURDER OR HEX" caught my attention making me lift my face and look towards Mr. Keynes.

"What is this?" I asked my voice coming out a little weak.

"This is what people want Anne, always something unimaginable, which will help them in gossiping and doing adventurous, a small place always need something to debate," Keynes said.

"Yesterday cops found out this area in Lakewood, which was kept hidden for some purpose, a family was yesterday murdered in it and two are yet not found, it's still not found who would have killed them or what happen," Mr. Keynes said saying everything nonchalantly.

"So what I'm supposed to do with it?" I asked knowing that what he was implementing towards to.

"You are going to stay over there," Mr. Keynes said making my mouth open wide in shock.

"Why me?" I asked my eyes on the verge of losing theirs till hold tears.

"You are not alone, other five reporters are going to be there with you," Mr. Keynes said, shifting on his chair.

"Tomorrow morning your work starts, the cops are still investigating, so they will be there to help you," Mr. Keynes said in a bossy tone giving me no space to contradict him.

I took the red file and without saying anything left the office. This was not fair I had worked harder by each new stories and new circumstances, not to go on some remote house where the family was murdered.

I'm not going to continue this job, tomorrow my resignation will be on your table 'hefty Keynes' if he thinks because he is the boss he can handle all his employees like a puppet then he is so wrong.

The day when I decided to be a journalist, I thought this will be the first time I will ever be regretting my decision.

The news was never "the news." It was just some made over some small rumor which everyone wants to turn in reality, every person wanted to hurt each other just by reacting to someone's death or loss and next day it was all going to fall back on place.

COTE!(COMMENT & VOTE)