[20]Library part II

“That cold ain't the weather, that's death approaching.”

30 Days of Night (2007)

CHAPTER XX

Library part II

Emma's POV

“Emma is that you?” James' voice was echoing through the room, making me stop at my place.

“James, how did you reach over here?” I ask him.

“What do you mean by, how did I reach over here?, I was already over here, you disappeared from downstairs, Avon is searching you like a mad person, and you just vanished; James kept on mumbling.

Making me think do he even knows we were in the past, I looked at my surrounding the only light from outside was lighting the library making me tough to look at James and other things.

I ignore lecturing James and make my move to search as Alex was still there in the house, and it was not safe for me and James to spend more time in the library, though I was at the same time confused about him being over here but if Alex saw him over here, then we were going to be in a lot of trouble.

I made my way towards the other side of books grazing my hands through the wooden furniture and stacks of novels.

“Emma!” James exclaimed when I heard another sound coming from the right side which was darker than light rays were not reaching that region.

I couldn't understand what was the voice first, but as I kept walking closer they turn into sobs making me more curious about who was their hiding.

I took a few steps back, reaching towards James and once again making him starts his interrogation, before he could ask me further questions, I held his hand tightly making him shut and follow me.

Once we reached back to the sound of someone crying, James whispered into my ear, “what is going on Emma?,” but I didn't answer him but walk closer, but the wall stopped me from going further.

I traced my fingers, which had turned chill due to fear; I felt the cold sensation of metal as I kept touching the wall, I understood that a painting was making me stop to walk further.

“Avon is scared Emma, let us go down,” James requested me.

''There is no one down James, “I replied him back.

“What are you saying, Emma?” James kept asking.

However, there was no time to explain him about what was going as we were running out of time. I look around myself to find the way behind the painting, but before anything else could happen that painting grabbed my hand tugging me towards it.

I shiver to the tight grasp; the hold kept on tightening around my wrist when James pulled me back, making both of us fall down in great force hitting our bodies to the floor and making a large sound in the room.

"Who is there?" Alex's voice made me stand quickly with my aching wrist.

"James you need to hide," I said whispering to James helping him to stand.

"Don't ask me anything James, find some place to hide, this time my worrying voice make him move and a few seconds later Alex entered the room making me stand straight.

"What are you doing over here? I told you, girl, to stay in your room," Alex said the light lamp in his hand lighting up the room.

"I heard someone crying," I told the truth.