[21] The abandoned room

CHAPTER XXI

The abandoned room  

Emma's POV

My head was spinning, when I saw the room full of skeletons, blood covering the walls and something was inscribed on them,  there were many objects filling up the room. there were many paintings, photo frames hanging up on the wall, fear erupted through my skull to my whole body, never in my life I would have seen such sinful place.

I covered my nose with the back of my hand as the odor hit my nostrils once again.

"This is insane", James said walking towards the room.

But what made me curious was who was in the room singing and now hiding somewhere or disappeared.

Checking around I found no one instead of us, walking towards one of the oak tables I saw the sharp objects and this were not any knives or simple needle pieces but this was actually a scary piece of things like every household thing was turn into a weaponry, there was a small chair with antler of deer attach at the top of it.

I walked towards the wooden shelf, the room was quiet scary and inhuman.

I examined the doll in front of me whose hair were having the glass pieces stuck to it, besides it was an another doll instead of a dress up pretty clothes she was having the cloth having a stain of blood and a piece of glass attached to her.

The upper shelf was having many other things like a bent hammer having a nail attached to it, and the ominous of them was a jar full of eyeballs blood patches covering the jar.

I was going to walk away when I heard James calling me but I was too late to react, as a heavy body jumped on me taking me off guard and throwing me on the floor, the door of the room got closed with the heavy voice of shutting echoed in the room

The room lit up in red lit, someone's body still on me as I kept on screaming with fear, I could feel my  body getting tense under the person seating on me, I was shaking badly and trying to push the person away when a bloodcurdling scream of a woman pierce my ears by its shrill sound.

  The paralyzing hurt spread through my body like icy, liquid metal. I clenched my fists as I was unable to breathe. I noticed that some women were sitting on me as my pupils adjusted the light around me and the cruel face of her came in front of my eyes 

 My legs twitched, fighting the rush to whirl around and push the women from me, but I was stuck under her, her laugh has stopped my heart to bit for a second as tears stung down the damp face.

The women crawled above me leaving me on the floor as her giggle fill up the room. 

"Emm....Emma, where.... a...are you?", James fearing voice asked as I tried to stand up to look where James was.

My breathing becomes erratic, deep, then shallow as Madeline comes walking like a dead zombie in front of me my mind stops working as I look after her state, her skin peeling off her face, her eyes white, her clothes torn.

"Maddie", I cried her name when she rushes towards me as my eyes got closed with fear. when I felt nothing just a cold wind around me I open my eyes to only look the hammer which was on the shelf now in Madeline's hand.

"Emma step away, Emma step away", James keeps on yelling from behind but my legs were ceased.

"Emma move", finally James voice process in my head and my feet twirl around making me rush towards James.

"We are in present time", James says to me as I reach towards him.

"How do you know?", I ask him trying to free him from the black hairs surrounding his body.

"Look around everything has changed from new to old", he explains.

"Emma move away", James says to me with fear all over his face.

"Emma she is right behind you", James yell and pushes me to the other side.

When I hear the sound of the hammer hitting to something and cold liquid splashes on my face and my lips as I taste copper in my mouth, realizing its blood I spit it out.

As I come back to my senses and it hits me hard and only one name comes to my mind "James".

As I look towards James I released my hold breath as I saw him alive.

James POV:

This is the first time I must have got scared to something, this place was inhuman and strange, I thought I was going to die when Madeline raised the hammer on me and the cringy voice of the hammer hitting me drummed in my own ear, but seconds passed I felt nothing like pain, was I already dead I though but as I open my eyes I saw the familiar surrounding  around me.

But the difference was instead of me dying, Madeline was on the ground, the hammer attached to the center of her head and her eyes were wide open, her eyes were glazed over and lifeless. they appeared to be nothing more than ice, colored marbles. Stuck in their path, glassy and dark, open wide in the pain.

The thought of Emma being in the same room hit me and I look at her direction whose gaze was now on Madeline, I was transfixed by the pain in her face.

  Her face paled, raising a hand to cover her beating heart as she kept looking at Madeline's lifeless body in front of her.  

A/N: - COMMENT down below what you think about this chapter and hope you enjoyed reading it!

©ClaireS27

Don't forget to hit the starbutton before closing this book,

👇