[15] Shattered pages

Shattered pages

CHAPTER XV

When I was going to leave this house with fear and amazed thoughts, there was another surprise waiting for all of us before leaving it, instead of the brown colored oak door a white-dusted wall was in front of me, before I could take any further step we all were trapped in this house, how could the wall disappeared, I was shocked right there after seeing the wall .

"Am I seeing properly, or it's just some illusion," James' voice made me turn back.

"Where did the door go?" Said Avon taking few steps towards the wall.

"What are we going to do? We can't exit the house without the main door, I think we need to find another way to go outside," I said to Avon.

We all were scared, first Mrs. Tonks death and then Madeline getting disappeared and now this door.

Avon went towards the door which was now turned into the wall he banged his hand on it, checking if the wall was really over theirs.

He kicked the wall with all his anger.

Avon took three heavy steps towards the window which was at the left of the entrance "walled door" parting the curtains.

"I couldn't see what is outside, its dark," he said.

How could it be dark so soon, James said to Avon now trying to look outside the window.

My eyes went towards the clock which was hanging up on the dining wall.

"Avon, it's 7:00 pm," I said to him still looking at the clock.

It can't be evening so soon we were watching the match in the afternoon.

I was still confused we were in Madeline's room at three in afternoon and how it was already dark outside.

I heard the ticking of clock in my ears, it was making me hypnotized by its noise,

I started to feel something as if we were in some different place, I was feeling hard to breathe my vision was got blur.

"Avon I can't breath," I murmured to him and my eyelids felt heavy and darkness consumed me, my head felt heavy and something came in front of my dark vision.

I was back in the room, the same room which I had seen yesterday the room was lighting up with few candles on desk and the water on the floor has been disappeared, the voices of someone talking were fading in some direction and I couldn't catch what they were talking about, this time instead of floor I was sitting on the couch the papers were scattered on the couch and the floor and cigarette butts littered every surface .

I tried to get up from the couch but my legs were frozen, I couldn't stand on my feet, I tried to get up with the help of the couch but fail miserably, I look around the whole room there was an open door going somewhere but it was so dark to even see what was on the other side.

I pick one crumbled paper which was lying on the couch, I opened it slowly so it won't rip. The writing on the page was in blue colored ink,

6:45,
I don't know what is today's day, I don't even know how many years has been passed away and I'm still here .....