[6] Normal days

CHAPTER VI

Normal days

The next day, I wake up late but still felt tired.
I took my shower and wear my plain T-shirt and black shorts.

I am going downstairs when Charlotte comes toward me.

"Emma, I want to tell you something," she says, coming closer to me and looking back to her room.

"What happened Charlotte? Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Em, something is wrong with Nina," Charlotte says, once again looking back toward her room.

"What is wrong about Nina?" I am now really confused at what Charlotte is talking about.

"Yesterday, when I woke up in the middle of the night, I saw Nina talking with someone but there was no one in the room. I thought she was dreaming so I let it go, but then she started to laugh... I was... scared so I just peeped through my blanket and saw her going outside."

"And what happened next ?" I ask in curiosity.

"Then Nina..." Charlotte is going to speak, but Nina walked from there room.

"Why are you both standing on the stairs?" she asks.

"Just greeting each other," I say to Nina. "Good Morning, Nina," I said thumbling with my fingers.

"Good morning to you both", she says and goes downstairs, making us follow her.

*****

Today, Dad was at home, so we all were happy.

"Let's play board games," says Dad happily.

"Nooooooo," Madeline says while stretching out the word.

"What's wrong with board games?" Dad asks.

"They are boring," I reply, making faces.

"Let's play stomp the foot," says Nina, jumping to her feet.
She is really obsessed with this game, whenever we ask her she is like, let's play stomp the foot, let's play stomp the foot.

"Okay, so let's play stomp the foot," Dad says, getting up from the couch.

"Okay so you all hide, I will search for you and you know all the rules, right?"

We all nod our head and get ready.
I think of hiding in the kitchen. I stomp my foot twice.

Madeline is walking behind Dad. She really has nice ideas while playing any game.

Nina and Charlotte are stomping their feet from upstairs.
Dad first catches Nina and Charlotte, then it's me and, at last, Madeline.

I truly enjoyed the day so far.

In the evening, we play cards with Mom and Dad. Everything had gone normally so far today but there is still the fear.

Ignoring everything and enjoying this normal day, I immerse myself in my family's tantrums.

*******

One week has passed, but nothing weird has happened in this house. Now I am feeling that it is my fault far imagining things.
Me and my weird brain. Silly Emma!
I giggle to myself.

I am making myself the coffee when I feel someone standing behind me.
I turn back and after seeing it, I just run from the kitchen to living room, yelling and shouting loudly.

Mom comes rushing down with Charlotte and Nina behind her.

"Emma, why are you shouting?" Mom asks me.