[11] The darken room

The darken room

CHAPTER XI

Darkness, silence and then steps of someone coming towards me brought my mind to compose myself but I can't feel anything I felt like my whole body was been drugged, I could feel the numbness as I can't move or speak.

I heard someone calling my name, trying to bring me back from the unknown place, I don't know what was happening to me, but it felt haunted , with the fear of living alone.

"Emma, open your eyes!", Someone's panicked voice was echoing in the whole room of darkness I so wanted to open my eyes and fill them with colorful world, but it was so hard, I so felt like I was been trapped in some alley .

I felt someone lifting me and placing me on soft surface and few water droplets entering my eyes making it open and bright light entering my eyes taking its time to get adjust .

"Hey, are you okay?" , James panicked voice made me look at his worried and scared face.

I was still in shock of what just happened , so I just sat their .

James gave me the water patting my back.

"Everything is going to be okay", he said as if knowing everything I went through.

Tears slip down my eyes, I don't know why I was crying but everything was painful, my head was hurting so much like someone was hammering it continuously.

I felt James hands holding me tightly as he was knowing what was happening with me.

The pain went on reducing making me hold myself up and looking at James .

"Are you okay?" he asked giving me a small smile.

"I think I'm fine now", I said rubbing my face.

"I'm not going to ask you what happened but tomorrow you are going to explain me everything" , he said ordering me.

"The same applies to you", I said making him think.

He just nodded his head and started going when dad called everyone .

Following James downstairs I saw everyone gathered in the room.

Dad was tensed, the lines on his forehead were indicating his stress.

"Is everything alright" , mom asked dad.

Their is some major problem in exchanging of some important files and someone had trapped me into this if I didn't proved myself them I can be arrested, dad said nervousness showing on his face.

"Who will do this to you?", Mom asked.

"I don't know who is behind this", dad said to mom.

"So what are you going to do?" Mom questioned.

We will have to leave tomorrow morning, I think I can explain them , dad said thinking harder.

"Are we all going?" Madeline asked.

No, you kids will stay at home, we can't take you there it's not safe to take you with us.

But we can't leave children at home, , mom said with concerned look.

Don't worry about it , I already took care of it my office had provided a babysitter for them .

This time you all are staying here , we will come back till night .

But dad... Madeline was going to say something when mom stopped her .

Enough Madeline, you all must be grounded after what happened last time we took you outside but here's goes your punishment no one comes with us this time.

I was still in the dilemma of what happened few minutes ago, James was looking at me then shifted his gaze to Avon .

*****

The next day mom and dad left at sharp at 11:00 AM,

While a middle aged women with brown curly hairs and medium height came inside with a bag in her hand.

Hey KidsKid's I'm Serena Tonks , she introduced herself to us .

Do you like cupcakes? She said holding a brown bag in her hands.

We would love to have it, Charlotte and Nina both said at same time jumping around Serena.

Let'sLets have it then, Serena said, she was having this strong voice so a perfect lady for babysitting.

I'm not feeling good, I will be in my room saying this Madeline went upstairs.

I will check on her , I said while following Madeline.

When I entered our room Madeline had covered herself from head to toe in her blanket.

I went near Madeline to check if she was okay, I called Madeline but she didn't reply, so I removed her blanket.

Emma! Madeline exclaimed.

Madeline what happened to your neck? I asked after seeing red rashes .

I don't know Emma, they are not only on neck, but here also, she said by showing her hands.

How didn't noticed it before I thought after looking at Madeline's bruised hand.

How did this happen? I asked looking at her .

It is not panning Emma, so need to worry, I will get fine within few days, Madeline said once again covering herself in blanket.

If you need anything then just call me, I said to her .

Thinking about what to do I thought about talking to James so I went in my previous room.

Knocking it James didn't answered so I turned the door knob making me step inside the empty room.

Thinking he might be with Avon , I went downstairs to grab something to eat when I saw Serena talking to someone, when I went near her she stopped talking and turned towards me.

Hey Emma, do you need anything? She asked.

Whom were you talking to,? I asked looking at the empty space beside her.

Can't you see her, I was not knowing you have a elder sister to you, she said once again referring to empty space.

Whom are you talking about? This time I asked loudly.

I'm talking about Rose, Serena said making me look beside the empty space.

Their is no one named as rose in our house, and their is no one beside you, I told Serena.

But she is right over here... Serena said her eyes going wide.

Where did she went? She was talking with me ..... Serena was so confused and scared.

It's alright Mrs Tonks you might have got illusion, I was so knowing what she saw but what was I'm going to tell her, that we live with a spirit in our house .

......

I so wanted to tell everyone but I was under some spell.

- Emma Calder

Please

VOTE

COMMENT &

SHARE

if you loved reading it.

Thank you!

©ClaireS27