Re-remembering

Your face was contoured with pain as you scrolled through all the videos of him. You smiled when you came across a video of him just laughing for 3 minutes straight. His smile was something you treasured dearly. His face only gave off the look of pure bliss.

Tears started to well up in your eyes. Your chest was starting to pull together and your heart ached. You missed him. He had been away for at least 6 months on tour. A tear barely escaped your eye before you wiped it away, trying to prevent you from breaking. You put your phone down and put your hands on your knees. You took a deep breath, closing your eyes trying to remember how he felt. A choke left your lips and tears spilled from your eyes. You tried to remember his lips on yours but you couldn't. You tried to remember how his hands enveloped yours, but you couldn't. His touch was nowhere to be found in your memories.

Your shaking hands reached for your phone. You opened Twitter and tweeted. You dropped your phone on your desk and crawled under your fuzzy blanket and fell into a deep sleep. To sleep all this pain away.

You were awoken by your ringtone. You answered without looking at the Caller ID. A soft deep voice filled your ears. "Hey, are you okay?" you shook your head even though he couldn't see you. You said no. No..
No
No
No
You weren't okay
You needed him
You missed..
Calum Thomas Hood
He was your home
The home that wasn't with you

......

A few days later

......

You jumped when you heard the front door slam. You shrugged used to it, it was Calum after all. You instantly froze. Calum isn't here. Calum's in America. And you are in Australia. Who entered your house? Hands creeped around your waist and your looked down seeing Calum's tattoo covered hands. You spun around and hugged him. He pushed you lightly away, grabbing your chin, making you look into his eyes. The eyes you have gotten lost in more times than you'd like to admit. He smiled slightly.

"I thought you said that you couldn't remember the feeling of my lips.. Or am I not the love-of l-your-life?"

Your eyebrows formed a crease in between them.

"Well then, why don't you re-remember my lips?"

You crashed your lips on his. Your head turned to the side l, making the kiss deeper. His hands went from you neck to your shoulders. His hands skimmed down your arms, causing goosebumps to rise upon your skin. Once he reached your hands he squeezed them and let go, moving up to your waist. His hands went from your stomach, to your hips, to your lower back. He pushed you closer to him making any space between your bodies dissapear. Your hands were lost, trying to find the spot you always placed them. His hands grabbed yours and put your hands on his neck. You quickly tugged his hair, like you did  millions of times before. He smiled and trailed kisses along your jaw, going to your ear.

He left a kiss under your ear before whispering a sweet 'I love you'.

That tweet - It really is a heartbreaking moment to find out you have forgotten the feeling of the love-of-your-life's lips on yours - was probably the best decision you've ever made.