21. Fight back

A/N- I wish you all a Merry Christmas or Hanukkah! ❤️ I hope you have a great time with your friends and family!

"Mr Jarvis, you're a man, right?" I ask, gazing at the air instead of him. My poor attempt to write Bucky failed, not even a night could change that. I still have no idea what to tell him, everything seems to sound ridiculous and worthless, sometimes almost pathetic. Mr Jarvis almost chokes on his scrambled eggs and I raise a brow in the air.

"Unless you do not have a different definition of man, then yes, I am one. I do not intend to be rude but how does it come that strange questions like this go through your mind, Miss Farrell?" Mr Jarvis coughs and takes a sip of his tea to clear his throat.

"Well, there's a person who I want to write but I don't even know what I should write since our last conversation didn't end well. Actually, it's complicated." I sigh, looking at him for help. "What would you like to hear?"

"Are you having a romantic relationship with this person?"

"That's why, it's complicated." I press my lips together. I've never been in a struggle like that, let alone in a real fight with Bucky. During all these years, we had just little discussions like who would get the last piece of bread or just disagreements such as about the topic war. I haven't experienced how to solve arguments.

"Oh, lord." He sighs and tries to think of an idea. "Firstly, I suggest you eat more, it'll be an exhausting day with the training today. Secondly, if I was one of the people who you cared for, I suppose I would like to hear how you're doing. I am truly sorry, my advise is of no avail."

"No, it's actually more than I've got." I affirm and drown in my thoughts as Howard joins our table in the cafeteria. On his tray are scrambled eggs, a piece of bread and a glass milk as well, although he doesn't seem to be very content with his breakfast.

"Good morning, Mr Stark." Jarvis greets him politely.

"Good? It's unbelievable. Natalie, the canteen woman, wanted to spit in my food just because I ditched her that one day. It's not like I already have to deal with the terrible food." Howard's complaint reminds me of his ridiculous high expectations and I roll with my eyes.

"Congrats, Howard. You are now eating a typical Brooklyn breakfast with just better eggs." I say sarcastically. Even though I start trusting him, his spoiled standards and attitude still bother me like hell, not to mention his disgusting association with women.

"I knew you'd be proud of me." He ignores my sarcasm before taking a look at the clock. "We should hurry if we want to start in a half hour."

"Says the one who still has a full plate." I point out.

"What? Don't judge me. I could die, I mean, I'm pretty sure that Natalie poisoned these scrambled eggs." Howard states dramatically, making a big scene about it.

Mr Jarvis and I just share a look.

***

I wear tight but surprisingly comfortable and athletic trousers with a white shirt. Beneath my feet are mats, so I won't get too hurt. Today I will learn how to fight but without weapons, just with bare hands and feet. To be honest, I am slightly excited because I finally learn how to defend myself. Mr Jarvis stands next to Howard in the corner, ready to watch me.

"You look quite ravishing in this outfit." Howard grins teasingly and I just roll my eyes.

"Shut up, Howard."