60. The Vision

The train would have crushed me to death like some little ant if it weren't for Pietro who saves my ass by carrying me onto the train. Arriving there, he carelessly drops me and I groan, still breathing heavily. I don't have the chance to yell at him though because Koreans stare at me with horror and panic. Forcing a smile, I greet them awkwardly with a waved hand, "Hey."

"Ultron escaped! How do we stop the train?!" Steve's shout through the squeaking makes me get up and I approach him, T'Challa, Wanda and Pietro together. The train still races with an incredible speed and beyond control through the city, not slowing down any sooner. He glances at the speedster, shooting him an urgent look. "Civilians in our path."

Pietro understands and nods before he speeds off. My eyes land immediately on Wanda as I remember her abilities. "Can you stop the train?"

"I-I don't know." She splutters with insecurity in her voice and my hands land on her shoulders while I give her an intensive stare. The self-consciousness reminds me of my own when I first received my powers. Nobody could teach me how to use them because no one had similar abilities. But she's got me.

"I know it's something you're not used to, but we really don't have the time now to be insecure. Your brother is out there to save civilians, do the same! You want to make it up, don't you?" I try to talk to her and she first glances to the ground, processing my words. Then she nods eagerly and turns around, creating the scarlet aura in her hands.

I tense up at the familiar red color and suddenly feel how a hand is placed on my shoulder to pull me further back. First, I think it's Steve until I turn around and realize that it's T'Challa who has prevented that I get hit by fragments which fly towards us. Steve uses his shield to protect the people while Wanda stops the train by using her powers.

The speed finally slows down until the wagon stands still, half buried in the concrete ground. The wind and the panicky screams finally decease and a thick smoke spreads through the air, causing everyone to cough and feel an awful scratch in their throat. My feet are still prickling and I walk trembling out of the train, adjusting to the steady ground beneath me. The civilians leave as fast as possible and are welcomed by safety and finally peace.

"I'm fine." Pietro breathes out when his sister looks worriedly at him. His voice is dry as he's still gasping for air. "I just need to take a minute."

"What are we gonna do about the Cradle?" Wanda asks us with concern in her voice.

"Stark and I will take care of it. Then we will try to get the Vibranium back, it should not be in Ultron's hand nor out of Wakanda." T'Challa's answer doesn't seem to satisfy the Sokovian girl, in fact, her face turns terrified as if it'd be a big mistake.

"No, he won't." She shakes her head and Steve lets out a deep sigh.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Stark's not crazy." He defends our friend and I nod agreeing, then I glance at Pietro to find out if he's with her. But the speedster only appears conflicted with himself.

"He will do anything to make things right. Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda emphasizes the meaning of her words and I press my lips to a thin line together. She's right about that, Tony would risk anything to save everyone, including building artificial intelligence or even risking his own life. He mostly ignores the methods he uses to make everything right, as long as the result is ultimate safety which is why Ultron ended up as a killer robot. He couldn't interpret it.

"Maybe he will." Her brother pipes up, feeling less hatred for Tony than she does. My conversation with him seemed to have an effect on his point of view. "We'll see."