31. Jealousy

A/N- I changed the cover btw, I somehow like this more :) Enjoy the chapter!

"No, Eve, come on, this is not fair, I'm begging you! I thought I was your best friend!" Steve begs for mercy, but the only thing that runs through my head is Howard's voice. Steve's strength quadruplicated, your strength just doubled. Let's see if I can beat him.

"Sorry, Stevie, but I don't have another choice. This is gonna tickle a bit now." I shrug, starting to produce a harmless amount of electricity in my hands. My eyes meet his, our looks are determined and serious. "I have to win this bet!"

With those words, I electrify him a bit, weakening him and using the opportunity to push his arm on the other side of the table. He groans desperately, his hand runs down his face as the Howling Commandos roar with joy and laughter. I stand up and put my arms proudly in the air while I let out a victorious laugh. "I won arm-wrestling! You owe me three bucks now, Rogers!"

"I knew that Eve would win, ha! Jones, you owe me a beer!" Dugan shouts enthusiastically and his friend rolls his eyes.

"That's not fair! She used her powers!"

"The bet was Captain America against Voltricity! So everyone who bet on Steve, including Cap himself, has to pay the next round for us now!" Dum Dum announces, causing half of the Howling Commandos to groan. I chuckle at the noise that we cause in the pub and glance at Steve.

"Don't worry, you weren't an easy competitor." I nudge him playfully, patting his wide shoulder. "And I mean, I could just win because of my abilities. Nonetheless, I'm sort of expecting the three bucks now."

"Alright." He sighs, handing me my prize. "Although I actually just need to give you two since you already have one."

"Hilarious pun." I roll my eyes playfully but then I spot Peggy entering the pub with a breath-taking dress. Nudging Steve with a smirk, I nod in the brunette's direction who is currently receiving the attention of most of the guys. "Guess who's dressed pretty for you."

"Hm?" He turns around and his eyes widen at the sight of Peggy as he swallows nervously, taken aback by the girl he clearly has a crush on. Standing up from his chair, he quickly adjusts his tie and leaves hastily. "Be right back."

"Take your time!" I call out and stay at the table while the rest of our team enjoys the beer. Our mission succeeded again, which is why Colonel Philips let us go to the pub as our reward. Life's never been this easy and joyful for me, barely any problems disquiet my mind. My eyes land on the door that gets opened by Bucky with flowers in his hand. I smile brightly and he finds me among the crowd, walking towards me as my heart thumps faster with anticipation.

"For our two months anniversary." He greets me with a kiss that leaves a familiar flutter in my stomach behind. I can't help but giggle slightly at his romantic gesture. "And this is just the beginning."

"They're beautiful." I look at the red roses and the smell of the flowers surround us, even though the sweaty stench of alcohol and men blankets them. "In comparison to the mess that you always leave in our room."

"Hey, don't complain! I'm not the one in this relationship who keeps stealing the shirts of the other one." He smirks which I return with a tilted head. In fact, I love wearing his shirts a lot because they just smell like him, like home.

"I don't think you would fit in to my shirts. And you sadly have to wait for my gift, it's not done yet. But I promise that the waiting is gonna be worth it!" I have worked with Howard on a telephone, so he'll be able to call his family more instead of waiting weeks for a simple letter. It took us nights because I barely have spare time, but I just want Bucky to be happy and will do anything to achieve that.