Bonus Chapter: Howard Stark

1944

"Eeeeeve."

"No."

"Evie."

"Is that even a name?"

"Evelyn."

"Don't you even dare to call me that."

"But- "

"I'm not going to electrify someone just because you lost a bet!" I yell at the one and only Howard Stark who asks for an impossible request again. The millionaire just pouts in response. "This is extremely immature and stupid, it already was because you even had the idea of doing this bet! Grow up, Howard, and face your punishment. It's none of my business."

"So you wouldn't care if I just died?" My annoyance grows with each seconds and I give up on studying the German vocabulary. 

"God, you just have to shave your mustache, you're being really overdramatic now. It was yours against Dugan's and since he drank his beer faster, he won and is allowed to keep his." I simply point out again, my hands almost tearing the book apart. "Now can we go back to studying?? I have training in thirty minutes and I can't miss that if we want to defeat Schmidt."

"My mustache is my trademark, it makes me me. It's like you without electricity- "

"But you did meet me without electricity." I frown but he continues carelessly.

"Or Steve without his shield or Barnes without you. My mustache defines who I am- "

"A rich, conceited, arrogant millionaire?" I finish his sentence as I tilt my head and he sends me a playfully sad look with an exaggerated sigh.

"You're breaking my sensitive heart."

"Sometimes I really wonder why I happen to be around you so much, considering you're an exhausting jerk." I roll my eyes as I shut the book. Howard grins in amusement, he always loves to tease me. Leaning against the table, the millionaire folds his arms over his chest.

"But seriously though, you would care if I died, right?" The light easement snaps to a serious tension, much more serious than Howard could ever be. Lifting a brow, I look at him half surprised. He seems to take this really gravely. Walking towards him, I place my hand on his shoulder, giving him a little squeeze.

"Howard, you're my partner. This might increase your ego, but I would be devastated if you died. Besides, I think you'd annoy death way too much to keep you." My lips twitch up and I smile worriedly at him. "Are you okay? Sleepless nights again?"

"It's alright, just married to the work as always."

"Don't worry Jarvis and me by overworking." I pat his shoulder as Howard smiles slightly in relief as if needing to hear this.

"So I can keep the mustache?"

He only receives a flying book as an answer.

2015

"He was a great partner." I mutter slightly with devastation as I stare at Howard Stark's grave which is right next to Maria Stark's. The winter wind blows my hair away and the cold bites its way into my skin but thanks to my electricity, I don't really freeze. "I really tried to avoid visiting this grave. It's somehow more difficult than seeing the others. Why did you want to visit it?"

"Not sure." Tony admits and shrugs lightly, his eyes attached to the cold, grey stone. "It just felt right for once."

"Not the greatest start into the new year but it is refreshing." I think of Bucky who is probably now having an anxiety attack while Steve calms him down. Mentioning Howard made him panic and shake with guilt. "I really tried to get Bucky go with us but..."

"I know. It's probably harder for him than for us." He slowly turns to me. "I'm glad you didn't meet the other side of him."

"If I had, I would've hit him twice for behaving this stupid. Believing your words, he turned into the kind of man that I despised. When I first met him, I even thought he was like that but throughout our time, he proved me wrong. And now... why did he have to change?"

"Your death left its marks. So did Steve's."

"I wish it wouldn't have changed him so much that it ruined your childhood. I'm sorry for that, I almost feel responsible." I press my lips together and let out a deep sigh, patting Tony's shoulder. "But hey, you've got us now. And no matter what happens, I'll stay by your side."

Tony tilts his head as he hides his emotions behind words. "Sure? It's a pretty exhausting side."

"Well, that's what family's for, isn't it?" Leaning my head on his shoulder, my eyes are glued to Howard Stark's letters, each one of them. My heart feels heavy and and I feel numb, only filled with grief. Tony and I usually fight and bicker the whole time unless it comes to Howard Stark who is the rock of our bond. "Nothing will separate us, don't worry."

"I wouldn't be so sure about this." Tony for some reasons doesn't seem to be convinced as his face darkens, yet his hand is placed on my back with a little pressure as if he knew that there will be more coming towards us. Maybe something much worse than we already endured.

A/N- Dedicated to @ClaireTargaryen :)