63. You didn't see that coming?

Wanda tears another robot apart with her scarlet powers as I electrify the ones on my side. More and more are coming towards us. We're standing back-to-back to cover each other, protecting the core together. If the adrenaline didn't run through my veins, I would've fallen down of tiredness ages ago. Panting deeply, I check on her. "Are you tired already?"

"Are you?" She responds and her chest goes up and down, her breath flat.

"I just wish these seventy years under ice would've saved my energy." I comment sarcastically, ripping the killer bot apart with my hands. "Tony, how long do you need?"

"There are like thousands of them here, icy. And I'm trying to calm the big pea down, someone's gotta save Bruce." He groans before his tone turns uncharacteristically serious. "You know, if this works, we maybe don't walk away."

I understand his reference to our plan and only shrug. "Walking is boring. By the way, is everyone on a carrier now? If yes, then- "

"Not everyone." Natasha reports and a hint of concern is in her voice. "I-I can't find Clint. He was supposed to be on carrier two, but now he's gone, doesn't answer on comm either. Eve, I cannot leave the carrier right now, I gotta take care of the injured people."

Trying to remain calm, I press my lips together. "Steve, have you seen him?"

"I'm looking for him right now but without success." He admits disappointedly.

"Pietro?"

"I cannot find him." The speedster informs me and I sigh, trying to think of a plan. Leaving him behind is out of question and Thor and Vision are too busy with Ultron right now while Tony tries to get Bruce back.

"Okay, Steve, you'll get on a lifeboat. Pietro, prepare to pick up Wanda after securing that everyone's on a carrier. I'll look for Clint since I'm the last one who's gonna be on this rock anyway. No protest, we don't have the time for this, understood?" I command and both agree unwillingly and reluctantly. "Tony, call me when you need me back in the church."

"Will do, just hurry." He suggests and I check one last time on Wanda before leaving her alone. She does well on her own though, which is why I'm less worried about her. I start running out of the church and look through the now empty and damaged streets, panic slowly settling in when there is no sign of life. Where are you, Clint?

"Clint? Clint!!" Shouting his name, I continue running through the streets and alleys to find him but without success. The hope starts shrinking against my will, my mind keeps telling me that there's no time left. "Dammit, Barton, where the hell are you?"

Continuing my search, I run faster and stop in front of the huge building when I hear a quiet and heavy breath in a deep hole. Taking a careful step closer, I finally spot the missing person with an injured and crying child in his arms. "Clint?!"

"The kid's leg is sorta stuck between the fragments, I'm trying to get him out." He explains the situation as he tries to calm down the little boy. "Hey, you're doing great buddy, you'll be with your mother again soon."

"Natasha, I found him, we'll be on a carrier in a few." I let her know, then turn back to him. "Why didn't you answer on comm??"

"Earpiece is broken." He groans and uses one of his arrows to attempt to free the kid. Before I can offer him help, I notice how a huge pillar breaks apart from the building and falls down towards the hole.