73. Atomic Bomb

"I'm still so against this. It's a bad idea." Bucky mutters, shaking his head in disapproval at the fact that I'm here. I can't believe that this is still being discussed. "You're still injured, you should've stayed at the Tower. Stark's right."

"Told ya!"

"Shut up, Tony." I roll my eyes and Clint chuckles lightly from the pilot seat. The whole team is on the quinjet, well, what's left of the team. Natasha is right next to Clint; Steve, Bucky, Sam and Scott sit together while Wanda and Vision are on my side with Tony. "The injuries won't stop me from at least coming with you."

"You'll stay in the jet though." Steve insists firmly, agreeing with Tony and Bucky. "You can't even run, how's fighting supposed to work?"

"I shoot electricity with my hands." I remind him of my abilities with slight sarcasm, tilting my head. "I know how to defend myself."

"It's like we're back in the forties again, nothing has really changed." Bucky sighs with concern, "Stop being reckless, Eve. This is for your own good."

"Don't make us fly back to the Tower and lock you up in your room." Tony dares me and I groan in annoyance at his strict voice.

"So. Intense." Scott comments with wide eyes, gaining an odd glance from Sam. The new recruit wears a red combat suit and a strange helmet is placed on his thighs, ready to be used any time soon. He seems to be anxious, it's probably his first real mission. If he really has a daughter, then he shouldn't be here, it can be dangerous.

"Five minutes!" Clint informs us about the arrival and Steve stands up, looking at everyone. I lean back into the seat, knowing what's coming now. The famous Captain America speech. While each of us is aware of his patriotic words, Scott gets excited rather than bored or serious.

"Our plan is not to only take down the facility, we also aim to defeat Hydra. They've been playing games with us for way too long and now is the time to stop it. This is not just something that we'll do for the world, it's also about some good, old revenge. They mess up  us, we mess up them. Scott, Clint is gonna shoot you to the base with an arrow. You'll sneak into the facility and open the doors for us. Meanwhile, Tony and Vision will distract the soldiers and try to find out the function of the base. There must be a reason for their location, they always have a plan. Sam, Clint, you have an overview of everything."

"We've got your back, buddy." Sam smirks, nodding in agreement while Bucky rolls his eyes, mumbling words that I don't quite catch. "Hey, I heard that, Barnes!"

"Good." Bucky replies mischievously and I raise a brow in the air, questioning his attitude towards Sam. It's not worrisome though, just childish.

"Guys, we don't have time for this now." Steve interrupts them and turns back to the others. "Our priority is information about their organization. If this isn't their only base, then we have to find out where the others are and that's what Tony and Vision are responsible for. Nat, Wanda, Bucky and I will try to find Rumlow and invade the facility, Scott will join us later. Wanda, you have to stay with Bucky, in case the brainwashing starts again."

"And I gotta stay in the jet to do what? Make sure that the comm works?" I tilt my head sarcasm filling my tone.

"Just call Fury, in case we don't make it out."

"Oh, and why isn't he here if he can actually help? I mean, it's Hydra. What could be more important than the defeat of our oldest enemy?" I question, sounding slightly pissed at the absence of our lovely director.

"He's busy with something about SHIELD, they have problems with individuals." Natasha answers instead, keeping the details to herself.

"Fury and his secrets." Tony comments annoyedly, groaning about the agent's habit. The balance on the jet shifts slightly as Clint lets us know about the arrival.