Bonus Chapter: You kissed her?!

2015

Peace is relative. It never lasts too long, especially not among soldiers who have gone through hell. Or more precisely, among the Avengers.

It's been a quiet afternoon, almost too quiet to be true. Four months ago, Bucky and I got married and the honeymoon stage is slowing down, much to Tony's luck. He's been complaining about our relationship the whole time, even though we didn't do much apart from a few comments from Bucky's side. But then again, it's Bucky, so he obviously flirts with me, now that I'm his wife. Currently, Tony, Steve, Bucky and I are returning from our visit at Peggy's and walk into the common room.

"At least, she didn't call me a moron today." Tony shrugs as he takes off his coat and I sit down on the couch, Bucky following me.

"Miracles do happen after all." I only comment and earn an indignant 'Hey!' from him. Steve actually smiles silently at our interaction, taking a seat on the other side of the couch while Bucky chuckles lowly, throwing his human arm around me. Before we can dive deeper into a conversation, we get interrupted by Sam and Clint.

"And you're really, really cool with it? Look, I'm sorry, man, I really didn't want to do that– " Sam sincerely apologizes and follows the archer into the kitchen who waves off whatever they're talking about.

"Dude, it's cool, no worries. Nat and I are both agents, she's even a spy, so we know how it is sometimes. It was only a mission." Clint takes the coffee pot and pours himself a cup, acting rather relaxed.

Tony lifts a brow, "What's going on?"

"Sam is just shitting himself because he kissed Nat on an undercover mission." He clarifies with a shrug, taking a sip of his black coffee. "That's just how the business sometimes works. No biggie."

"I just thought you'd react like Barnes did and I was feeling guilty– "

"Woah, wait." Bucky now cuts him off and glances with confusion at Sam. "What do you mean, like I did?"

"Well, I mean, you probably freaked out when you found out that Steve and Eve kissed on an undercover mission." Sam states and Steve and I widen our eyes in shock. Shit. Shit. I knew I forgot something. I goddamn knew it. It was so embarrassing and awkward that I pushed this incident aside and focused on escaping SHIELD. It's deadly quiet when Bucky inhales sharply and while I am still frozen in shock, Steve's face grows rather pale. Clint's grip around the mug tightens in fear and Tony is all of sudden intimidated by Bucky.

"What?" Bucky moves his arm away from me and stares at his best friend with a dangerous calm that worries all of us.

"Oh, shit." Tony mumbles quietly.

"You didn't know?" Sam raises a brow in the air and realizes that it was a mistake to bring this up in this way.

"You. Kissed. Her?" My husband ignores Sam's question and is only fixated on his blond friend who doesn't even dare to move a muscle. One wrong move and it's over. I've known Steve for my whole life now and there aren't a lot of times where I've seen him actually scared. Right now, he seems to be truly terrified.

"Bucky, I basically initiated the kiss because Rumlow and SHIELD were after us. They almost caught us, so we had to hide our faces in the mall." I attempt to explain to save my best friend, but it's all on vain.

"You kissed her?!" Bucky repeats, this time much louder and Steve almost winces at his incredibly furious voice.

"You know, I actually have to leave for this thing... this very important thing." Sam mutters as he slowly and carefully walks off, not planning to witness the former Winter Soldier's rage.

"Uh, actually, me too." Clint joins him and takes the whole coffee pot with him. He catches my begging look to stay before he leaves. "I'm... invited to that thing, I'm helping Sam."

"It- it was just for the undercover mission, I promise." Steve has found his voice back, stuttering like in the old days and his back is pressed anxiously against the couch. He's trapped like a poor animal. "It was only five, six seconds, not more, I swear– "

"YOU KISSED HER FOR SIX SECONDS?!?" Bucky yells completely enraged and I quickly grab his arm, holding him back as Steve flinches alarmed. "You fucking bastard!!!"

"Bucky, no!"

"Uh, what? Pepper?" Tony turns around as if someone called him, even though not a single soul did. "Coming!"

"Tony, help me!" I whine, but he only leaves as fast as possible. Now I'm alone with Steve and Bucky. "You asshole!"

Steve gets up from the couch and lifts his hands in surrender, yet he prepares himself to run for his life at the same time. "I'm so sorry, I really didn't want to– Bucky, no!"

Bucky has freed himself from my grip and now chases after a scared Captain America, extremely determined to lunge at Steve and do whatever is necessary to get his sweet revenge. "Don't run away and accept your punishment like a man, you damn punk!!!"

I groan and follow Clint, Sam and Tony, aware that these two idiots are going to need hours to end this.

A/N- We all have been waiting for this haha.  I miss them so much though.